MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

I really gotta get a harley...But which one?

I really gotta get a harley...But which one? (3) - Forums [Biker Match] I really gotta get a harley...But which one? (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

I really gotta get a harley...But which one?

you really need to get a honda ........... ha ha

Update Reply
firebladejohn @ 02/10/2010 13:27  

Lol is that what you have john : ) hows yer arm

Update Reply
earthwind @ 02/10/2010 20:02  

hi earthwind , arms not to bad at the moment ........cheers . are you and willow going to rivington barn tomorrow

Update Reply
firebladejohn @ 02/10/2010 21:29  

Get a Rocker it's the best looking and there quite rare so you'll stand out from the hords.

Update Reply
yamahama @ 02/10/2010 22:16  

Dunno bout best looking like, unless its a black 1-really, it does look better black. Never thought I'd say it but after seeing a crossbones in the flesh,well ,thats a nice motorcycle, then again the v-rod muscle,very nice looking bikes but the FXRS still holds the crown.In black of course.

Update Reply
fxr swas @ 02/10/2010 22:41  

I'm not that up on Harleys, the new 48 looks ok but got slated in a certain mag.

Update Reply
yamahama @ 02/10/2010 22:45  

(fireblade j ) oh i might have a run out if other people are going might blow some cobwebs away

My favourite harley is a legend lmao ha ha ha!!!!

(thats a triumph)

no i do like the old style harleys sat on one that was 20 years old though looked fantastic , but can I remember the model .... errr no straight out me head like the wind lmao

Update Reply
earthwind @ 02/10/2010 22:47  

They always usually do get slagged off, so how can a bike journo jump off a gsxr, blade etc etc then have a blat on a Harley,worlds apart and I dont for a minute think theyre unbiased.Dont matter tho if you want 1 you'll be happy with it although with the newer models money comes into it,big time.

Update Reply
fxr swas @ 02/10/2010 22:56  

i would love to ride out across the states on one though, mmmmmmmmm sturgis up the rockies and across the great american desert (as long as you had loads of water, through yellowstone park would be cool or through pensylvania mmmmmmmm

Update Reply
earthwind @ 02/10/2010 23:01  

My Harley is 35 years old I built it from bits, know every nut and bolt it is as much part of me as my right arm have no interest in new ones sold through a dealer I couldn't possibly explain

Update Reply
Bluegrass @ 03/10/2010 00:02  

I dont think you need to because you built it so its all yours i think thats great.

its that fantastic feeling of knowing the whole bike like it a part of you. While I have never built a bike I like the feeling of checking it over and taking of the fairing and getting to know the bike.

I have stripped engines down on cars and cleaned em all and put em back to gether knowing that everything is in place and working and oiled and cleaned etc.

Update Reply
earthwind @ 03/10/2010 00:07  

Yep, not for everyone room enough for everyone, ride what you enjoy

Update Reply
Bluegrass @ 03/10/2010 00:13  

exactly

Update Reply
earthwind @ 03/10/2010 00:17  

The Fourty-Eight basically got slated because it has a 17 litre tank, so you're looking for a petrol station every 80 miles or so. I think I'd only consider the XR1200X but I do too many motorway miles, not sure I have the neck muscles for it ;)

Update Reply
Say_Ten @ 03/10/2010 11:35  

Thats all part of the yank "bar hopper" bobber styling tho, Standard Sporty tanks are the same which leaves the option of the buying the king sportster tank.

Update Reply
fxr swas @ 03/10/2010 16:38  

Hey ST, the fourty eight has an 8 litre tank, not 17. Can you imagine the MPG for 80 miles to 17 litres Sorry m8 .. Mr bloody pedantic again

Update Reply
GreasyTony @ 03/10/2010 18:15  

Teach me t' read things properly wont it

Update Reply
fxr swas @ 03/10/2010 18:44  

Teach me for working from memory too ;) All I remembered was the fuel tank was silly small ;)

Update Reply
Say_Ten @ 03/10/2010 18:56  

Gonna look at a couple of bike's locally this week.....wish me luck gang

Update Reply
Phantom1539 @ 04/10/2010 19:51  

Oh well. that's done it. put a deposit down.....gettin a victory on thurs....awesome bike. Pictures comin.

Update Reply
Phantom1539 @ 05/10/2010 22:35  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email