MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Oxford crap gear again!

Oxford crap gear again! - Forums [Biker Match] Oxford crap gear again! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Oxford crap gear again!

I've just put my bike away and the 'OXFORD HEAVY DUTY' shackle lock has failed so I can't open it and my bike is now firmly secured to a ground anchor. I'm going to write to Oxford AGAIN and tell them what a load of sh*te they are!!

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 19/09/2010 15:21  

Why write send them the locksmiths bill thay may well reply to you then

Update Reply
JP @ 19/09/2010 15:43  

I'm gonna cut it off with a grinder jp then post the pics to them. Everything i've bought from them including boots (twice), intercom and lock have all knacked within 18 months. It's absolutely disgusting that a company selling chat from China can go under the guise of 'British' with union jacks all over their crap stuff!!

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 19/09/2010 16:03  

Cut it off send it to MCN with the keys, see if any others are having the same probs? only way to get better kit is to shame the companys into it.

Update Reply
JP @ 19/09/2010 16:16  

Over half of 'supposed' designer gear - is manufactured in China now.
Can't you remember? We sold off the British manufacturing industry! We manufacture nothing now but at least the financial sector will keep us afloat

Update Reply
Rattay @ 19/09/2010 17:55  

Stop buying Oxford gear!

Problem solved!

Update Reply
yamahama @ 20/09/2010 20:37  

I stopped buying Oxford gear when the first thing I bought (Oxford Bone Dry) boots fell to bits within 3 months yamahama. Trouble is I bought several other items at the same time and every one of them has let me down!

On the plus side I managed to get the shackle off tonight with a few smacks with a big hammer. Just as well I wasn't a thief cos it was mighty easy!!

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 20/09/2010 22:21  

my oxford "first time" panniers haven't let me down as yet but the colour in them just went in the sun.

I've used the oxford monster lock for a good while now and it's only been a bit off from time to time.

I tend to think of oxford gear as the bike, needs general maintenance and even then it's not guaranteed to work

Update Reply
Wilson @ 07/10/2010 14:50  

Wilson my lock was a bit iffy a couple of times before it gave up the ghost. The good news is it only takes 15 seconds with a club hammer to break the lock off so don't worry too much when it fails!!

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 07/10/2010 15:58  

The criminal world will be thanking you for that info Terry

Update Reply
Sandi @ 07/10/2010 16:02  

A mate recommended almax chains, got a couple of them now, they seem pretty good, although you need a separate lock. Their videos are quite impressive...

Update Reply
brigadoon @ 07/10/2010 16:45  

think id go for the datatool equipment if i could afford it, ill remember that when it decides to cease

Update Reply
Wilson @ 08/10/2010 04:09  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email