MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo, BTInternet users HELP!

Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo, BTInternet users HELP! - Forums [Biker Match] Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo, BTInternet users HELP! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo, BTInternet users HELP!

unfortunately it seems that some people are too stupid to use the links i've added to all the emails from BM which allow you to deactivate that kind of email at the click of a button. Instead people find it easier to press the "JUNK" or "SPAM" or "BLOCK" button in their email client. Unfortunately this is having a huge knock-on effect to every other member using the same public email provider. Therefore I need the help from everyone else!! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE add "bikermatch.co.uk" as a "safe sender" domain to all your email accounts - especially Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail, BT Internet etc. Doing so will neutralise the affects and damage caused by those too ignorant to press the Delete button or "unsubscribe" link in the emails. Some people join BM for years, collecting emails, then in one day they mark 100+ emails as spam! Everytime an email is marked as spam A WARNING IS SENT TO OUR ISP!! They then SHUT DOWN OUR CONNECTION because they think we're infected with a virus sending spam. If you want Biker Match to stay online and fully functional - ADD US TO YOUR SAFE SENDERS LISTS!!! Please!

Update Reply
Matt @ 08/09/2010 20:11  

Tis a very safe sender on mine (for the last 12 months)

Update Reply
anneka56 @ 08/09/2010 20:15  

Thanks very much. It makes a huge difference. We had a whole 24 hours recently where we couldn't send to Hotmail because of ONE person who saved up over 100 emails over 2 years and then marked them all as spam in one day. The server email address is hal@ bikermatch.co.uk (without the space). You can't email this address but it's what all the emails from the server are sent from. PS: Everytime someone marks an email as spam, hotmail/aol etc send me a warning and include the email. I can see the email and I do delete anyone who marks more than 1 email as spam (i can accept one was a mistake, but not 2).

Update Reply
Matt @ 08/09/2010 20:46  

All is good in my inbox Matt ...

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 08/09/2010 20:49  

Thanks Shell. Bump, need this topic on the first page for a while

Update Reply
Matt @ 08/09/2010 22:24  

big bump

Update Reply
anneka56 @ 08/09/2010 23:14  

mines doing what it should Boss Man

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 08/09/2010 23:36  

Bumperty bump

Found it on page 2

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 09/09/2010 07:05  

Sorry Matt don't understand a word of it will get my PA to look into it

Update Reply
JP @ 09/09/2010 08:43  

BM is safe in my Hotmail

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 09/09/2010 10:27  

bump again, god u people talk a lot in other topics

Update Reply
Matt @ 09/09/2010 18:52  

BM is ok on my AOL e mail Matt. Always comes through to my inbox, and not my spam

Update Reply
SPESH @ 09/09/2010 19:57  

Your safe with me Matt

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 09/09/2010 22:00  

canyoutameme & others... even if the emails CURRENTLY come through to your inbox, unless you add us to your "safe lists" you may find that tomorrow the emails stop getting through completely (just takes one extra person to block us than have us on their safe lists). So, however they currently come through for you - please make sure you add us to your white/safe/address lists. Thanks

Update Reply
Matt @ 09/09/2010 23:18  

Refresh

Update Reply
Sandi @ 10/09/2010 15:35  

bump - we're still being affected by the issue. Thanks

Update Reply
Matt @ 10/09/2010 19:13  

All good on my part feller

Update Reply
DG99 @ 10/09/2010 19:29  

i can see matts busy... so anyone ... i was with canyoutameme in that it all come through my inbox, bikematch isnt spam and your in my contacts list so emails dont get chucked. is this enough?

Update Reply
ridingsmall @ 10/09/2010 19:36  

Thanks RRH - should be. If you're with hotmail for example then they have "safe senders" lists in Options.
Probably being in your address book is enough if it's part of hotmail's service. Thanks

Update Reply
Matt @ 10/09/2010 19:58  

unfortunately it seems that some people are too stupid to use the links i've added to all the emails from BM which allow you to deactivate that kind of email at the click of a button.

Instead people find it easier to press the "JUNK" or "SPAM" or "BLOCK" button in their email client.

Unfortunately this is having a huge knock-on effect to every other member using the same public email provider.

Therefore I need the help from everyone else!!

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE add "bikermatch.co.uk" as a "safe sender" domain to all your email accounts - especially Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail, BT Internet etc.

Doing so will neutralise the affects and damage caused by those too ignorant to press the Delete button or "unsubscribe" link in the emails.

Some people join BM for years, collecting emails, then in one day they mark 100+ emails as spam! Everytime an email is marked as spam A WARNING IS SENT TO OUR ISP!! They then SHUT DOWN OUR CONNECTION because they think we're infected with a virus sending spam.

If you want Biker Match to stay online and fully functional - ADD US TO YOUR SAFE SENDERS LISTS!!! Please!
reloaded for Matt

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 11/09/2010 17:46  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email