MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Site changes and fixes

Site changes and fixes (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Site changes and fixes (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Site changes and fixes

Think it might be a good idea for naming and shaming those long-term members who don't contribute to the running costs of the site, even after 8 months of using it

Update Reply
Matt @ 14/04/2007 12:20  

ok ive made LOADS of changes, but things you wont really notice. Mostly things to protect you from malicious site users, including a recording of your IP Address against everything that users do. I've also finally got around to creating the moderator feature. I shall be contacting one person to run a trial on this for me, and in time will ask for further volunteers to be site moderators. Thanks again everyone

Update Reply
Matt @ 14/04/2007 15:01  

Ummm sorry to bother Matt mate but I'm still having trouble... Sent some PM's tonight and it looks like they are being delivered blank (when I check them in my sent box they show up blank) and now I'm getting this error message when I try to send.... Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0005' Invalid procedure call or argument: 'Mid' /sites/bm/myaccount/pm/newpm.asp, line 85 I'll contact you tomorrow by email (coz i doubt a PM from me to you will get through) and let you know who I am sending to etc. Thanks in advance for your time and effort.

Update Reply
valerossi46 @ 14/04/2007 19:36  

Dammit! lol. I'm not getting this myself, and we're back to the old way of things so there should be nothing different to previous times. Is anyone else receiving any errors? Will look into it now, but could do with knowing what was entered in the PM and who it was to. Cheers

Update Reply
Matt @ 14/04/2007 19:42  

PM's are fine here

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/04/2007 19:45  

Just got this error message too.... CDO.Message.1 error '80040213' The transport failed to connect to the server. /sites/bm/header_inc.asp, line 93 Email on the way to you with all the details Matt

Update Reply
valerossi46 @ 14/04/2007 19:52  

Cheers. BTW: the last message means that a script (Whichever it was at the time) that tried to send an email... failed to connect to the mail server (I use several servers, including a seperate mail server and database server - away from the web side). This could have been a temporary network glitch. Let me know if it happens again

Update Reply
Matt @ 14/04/2007 19:54  

No worries mate. Dont ya just hate technology I sent you a message with the details via the communication page...hopefully it got through ok. Let me know how you get on mate. Thanks again. Cheers

Update Reply
valerossi46 @ 14/04/2007 20:08  

ok THIS is driving me mad! Theres a serious problem here somewhere and I cant find the cause of it. Its not writing the correct info to the database. Basically - to send a PM to someone you need to send a NEW pm and not reply to one. DONT ASK ME WHY THOUGH! :-(

Update Reply
Matt @ 14/04/2007 20:43  

ok PMs are back online, but i cant figure out why duplicates are sent when you reply to a PM

Update Reply
Matt @ 14/04/2007 20:54  

The problem is caused when you REPLY to a PM. The original message is entered into the text field under "Original message...", above which you type your own reply. Its the pre-populated content that is causing the problem. So for the time being, I have stopped it from doing this. You can still reply to people, but the New Message box will not have the original PM in it. Working on a fix, but not sure if there is one.

Update Reply
Matt @ 14/04/2007 21:57  

why do u want to name a shame peeps on here matt, surley its there choice weather they pay or not, plus not everyone got any spare dosh at the mo, yeah its only 99p but those 99p's add up every week, there moan over lol

Update Reply
RC @ 16/04/2007 14:51  

yes we were told its our chioce to make , not evyone wants to use the pm facilitys and other stuff sum just want to post and if ya start tryin to embarrass peeps a lot of people are gunna want to leave aint they ?

Update Reply
Sexysmirnoff @ 16/04/2007 14:56  

what .99p a week , thought it was for life , only 6 twin packs of jaffa,s a week then

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/04/2007 15:00  

lol ninja

Update Reply
Sexysmirnoff @ 16/04/2007 15:01  

aww i know ita bad aint ninja to without ya jaffa's lol

Update Reply
RC @ 16/04/2007 15:05  

on since last week, going cold turkey

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/04/2007 15:08  

shoul of been none

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/04/2007 15:09  

i gathered that, its cause u gone cold turkey ur makin less sense than b4 lmao (only jokin)

Update Reply
RC @ 16/04/2007 15:16  

not going to get u a birth day prezzy now

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/04/2007 15:21  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email