MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Anyone see our Ad in Bike mag?

Anyone see our Ad in Bike mag? - Forums [Biker Match] Anyone see our Ad in Bike mag? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Anyone see our Ad in Bike mag?

I'd like to know how many readers of Bike magazine have seen our advert (full page!) but WITHOUT looking for it. If you've now looked for it, what do you think? Thanks

Update Reply
Matt @ 27/07/2010 17:52  

Yeah, couple of days ago. Was aware you were preparing an ad, but wasn't particuarly looking in this issue. Ad looks fine, for me maybe doesn't emphasise the personals side of the site enough. Very minor note with the pic, where's the dog come from ? While I was looking for a pillion, there was never a seat for pets

Update Reply
Rob1050 @ 27/07/2010 19:39  

haha, everyone notices that. I think it's funny and makes people remember the advert. I didn't take the photo by the way, was just the best I could find. Me and Laura will take a foto for the next advert

Update Reply
Matt @ 27/07/2010 19:42  

What issue's it in Matt?
Don't normally buy street-bike mag's, but did get the one with the "new" Norton on the cover.

Update Reply
invalid characters @ 27/07/2010 19:48  

the one that's just out, last week i think

Update Reply
Matt @ 27/07/2010 19:49  

I'll have a look, do you know what page it's on?

Update Reply
invalid characters @ 27/07/2010 19:53  

September 2010, on subscription, just arrived, so should be in the shops, anytime now. Page 125

Update Reply
Rob1050 @ 27/07/2010 20:29  

Cheers Rob, it's the August one I've got.

Update Reply
invalid characters @ 27/07/2010 20:41  

Flicked through my copy and saw it right away,,, full page ads always make a better impact,

Update Reply
limeninja9 @ 27/07/2010 21:02  

Page 125? U gotta be joking! They said it would be in the editorial section!!!

Update Reply
Matt @ 27/07/2010 21:25  

that would make it on the right hand page yea? That was also something I insisted on - the hand people flick the pages with. Most ads are seen on the right hand page rather than the left. Cost me a bomb that ad and it's not helping the site much so far - i was really hoping for a huge increase in new members but so far there's nothing (only new people coming from Facebook)

Update Reply
Matt @ 27/07/2010 21:32  

In fairness, mine's on subscription and only arrived a couple of days ago. There won't be many sold over the counter yet.

Update Reply
Rob1050 @ 28/07/2010 08:51  

You'll know your business a-lot better than me Matt, but when I was advertising my bike-shop, at the start, there seemed to-be little response and didn't appear "cost effective".
BUT a l-o-n-g "campaign" (as with the racing) kept the name out there in effect.

IMO it's rare that advertising will "make" anyone buy, but when they decide to for themselves you'll be on the shortlist.

Update Reply
invalid characters @ 28/07/2010 09:02  

thing is, it costs so much money that I can't do it regularly. I'll be paying for this for many months to come. It's a one-off during the bike season and that's all it can be

Update Reply
Matt @ 28/07/2010 10:28  

What I found best for my shop, was a couple of big adverts to make "a splash" then small ones to keep the name out there.

Update Reply
invalid characters @ 28/07/2010 10:40  

weve been running the small ads in the web directory every month for 4 years but it doesn't catch anyone's eye. That's 40 quid a month already. The full page ad was 2 grand and the half/quarter pages aren't much better. The only response I've had from the full page ad so far is other companies emailing me asking if I want to advertise on the website/magazine etc!!! God dammit lol

Update Reply
Matt @ 28/07/2010 11:57  

Yep in my experience Matt that's pretty typical!

Certainly IMO advertising for local type stuff was a waste of time/money compared with word of mouth.

Just before my accident I bought a dyno, never got to see what was going to work best, the racing or advertising.

It's a-lot easier being a customer isn't it?

Quite looking forward to it TBH.

Update Reply
invalid characters @ 28/07/2010 12:15  

You should be pleased to know that you got at least one customer out of it - Me!

Not saying I'm worth 2 grand tho ...

Update Reply
lincslad66 @ 02/08/2010 18:50  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email