MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

zx6r spluttering

zx6r spluttering - Forums [Biker Match] zx6r spluttering - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

zx6r spluttering

went to work yesterday then returned home as normal haevy rain on way home :( anyways all was ok put bike away in the garage set of for work this morning and the bike is spluttering every now and again power kicks in but only for a few seconds then back to spluttering same again on way home this evening any ideas guys

Update Reply
wozabee @ 20/07/2010 18:41  

Leaky fuel filler cap and its got water in the fuel? Unlikely but might be something to consider, easy enough to remove a drain screw on the float chamber and check if theres water in the bottom. Otherwise water on the coils/plug caps? Guessing really mate, but it does sound electrical. Anti Gremlin spray?

Update Reply
DG99 @ 20/07/2010 19:56  

will have a potter when i get home tonight dont think its water in tank
thanks for the reply

Update Reply
wozabee @ 21/07/2010 05:08  

There could be water in the carbs. Water in the electrics would probably have dried out by now, but not in the carbs as it's under the petrol. Worth undoing the drain screws and letting a bit of fuel out to see if that clears it.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/07/2010 11:39  

would check electrics aswell. water can get into funny places especially when standing and wet

Update Reply
yamahama @ 21/07/2010 20:31  

well managed to take it apart last night 3 plugs were ok but one looked like it had been in there for years was realy worn so i replaced them now all i goto figure out is were all these dam screws came from lol

took it for a quick blast once i had put everything back and seemed to be running ok will find out today when i goto work thanks for the replys guys :)

Update Reply
wozabee @ 22/07/2010 06:32  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email