MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Advert in Bike mag - need your help!

Advert in Bike mag - need your help! - Forums [Biker Match] Advert in Bike mag - need your help! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Advert in Bike mag - need your help!

I've got to design an advert for Bike magazine within a couple of days. Can anyone think of (or help with) making a fun, cool advert that will catch the eye? Full page advert! I want to stress that the site is a social club, not just for dating. Also want to point out the size (30,000 members) and that it's UK-only (not one of these shitty US sites with 5 UK members) If you can think of some funny tag-lines, or visual ideas, that'd really help

Update Reply
Matt @ 01/07/2010 14:33  

Shame you cant get a pic of Sumo next to BigNed with caption reading site for all sizes lol

Maybe a competition would draw attention to it, maybe a prize of 6 months subs

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 01/07/2010 14:44  

mention chat room not enough go in considering how many members there are

Update Reply
missvondarkness @ 01/07/2010 14:49  

lol .... have just shown this to Aaron and his uni freinds ... I think they are 'Brain storming' ... although, bit early for them to be asking me for 'refreshments' ...

Update Reply
rockchick123 @ 01/07/2010 14:52  

Matt is it worth digging up the ones we came up with last time?

Update Reply
Karey @ 01/07/2010 14:57  

ive just been through 7000 event photos and im exhausted now lol. Some photos totally not suitable for Bike magazine lol. Also taken some from the competition. Here's the ones I've got (Alex, please give to Aaron)... www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/images/best.zip

Update Reply
Matt @ 01/07/2010 15:29  

Aaron said can you send them to him ...he mummbled something about them being zipped or whatever (totally over my head) and will get straight back to you :)

Update Reply
rockchick123 @ 01/07/2010 15:33  

Only some Boss Man lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 01/07/2010 15:43  

sssshhhhhh BJ ... Sir hasnt seen THOSE pics yet ;) lol

Update Reply
rockchick123 @ 01/07/2010 15:47  

O rite sorry didnt realise he was unaware still of them camera set up in his bedroom

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 01/07/2010 15:56  

You do realise, we WILL be punished for this ;) lol Back to Thread .... ideas rattling around Matt, will mail you when Iv put them in some visual order :)

Update Reply
rockchick123 @ 01/07/2010 16:00  

Don't forget that you can't use the photos in an advert without consent from the people in them. People posing for a friend to take a snap isn't "informed consent" for commercial use.You also need permission from the person who took the photo as they hold the copyright on it.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/07/2010 16:08  

Think as the pics have already been on the site that permission wont be needed as the pics are already in the public domain on the web

Update Reply
JP @ 01/07/2010 16:22  

Matt been lookin thro bike mags for inspiration, conclude ; 'less is best' ie 'your' logo as at top site page (union jack background with BIKER MATCH across)top of ad pg with say; 1 lone biker stopping next to a group of varius bikes/riders some male/female/pillions in comic siloette format, with speak bubbles "lookin to meet friends, maybe more, rideouts /events, chat online forums /chatroom " "yeah mate, look no further than www.bikermatch.co.uk "

Update Reply
clarissa @ 01/07/2010 16:26  

GB, I think it's fine as the photos have been put on BM. Otherwise I've nothing to use, it will be a white page with the website address! Clarissa, thanks for the info. Their sending me a mag too so I can see what other ads are like.

Update Reply
Matt @ 01/07/2010 16:30  

Just thinking as i do in my business you have to advertise on a regular basis rather than one big hit..Its just my opinion mind you.... There are plenty of people who do have bikes sat around and never get to use them as they have no riding budies to go for run out so am sure you will get a good responce..

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/07/2010 16:34  

Dunno I came to this site after seeing the very simple advert on facebook. Although I do not think the dating aspect should be a sell point..think more just biker information and social hub.

Update Reply
Edinburgh Saffie @ 01/07/2010 16:34  

Anyway of putting our new merchandise logo on it, as its more up to date ... although do like the old ones ... just a thought as its being recognised at rallies and meets.

Update Reply
rockchick123 @ 01/07/2010 16:34  

A photograph where somebody is the focus of the shot requires "informed consent" before it can be used commercially. That means they have to know what it's going to be used for in advance of you taking the photo, or you need to get signed permission to say that you can use it. Posting them into a gallery on BM probably doesn't count as commercial use, putting them into an advert definitely does.Putting a photo on the web doesn't automatically put it into the public domain, this has been tested in court. The copyright stays with the person who took the photo.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/07/2010 16:51  

If thats the case Gary, then as a persistant photo taker ... I could give permission for Matt to use any of the pics Iv submitted on bikermatch and he can use them ... but, if he doesnt get permission, he cant? Sorry ... but as you know, Im a simple person who needs simle talk ...lol

Update Reply
rockchick123 @ 01/07/2010 16:56  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email