MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

Guess what happened to CBR600!

Guess what happened to CBR600! - Forums [Biker Match] Guess what happened to CBR600! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

Guess what happened to CBR600!

YEP, NICE RAC MAN BROUGH ME HOME AGAIN!!! i'll have met them all at this rate!! lol................looks like the furl pump has gone properly this time. so time for a new part and not a second hand one.... i have had enough of hard shoulders on motorways........... it kept stopping as if it was running out of fuel again. i'll let you all know what happens next in the tales of a cbr600............ still had a fab time at the farmyard thanks to my fab pals.............cheers xxxxxxxxxxx

Update Reply
willow @ 21/06/2010 18:27  

Awww ... least you can get it sorted now :) YAY! lol

Update Reply
rockchick123 @ 21/06/2010 18:29  

Have you tryed a match to clear the tank out, think I would have by now

Update Reply
JP @ 21/06/2010 18:30  

oh yeah...and i broke the zip on my hein gerick jacket !! ooohh poooo.............lol

Update Reply
willow @ 21/06/2010 18:31  

lol @ jp................what a good idea....now where's them there matches.............lol

Update Reply
willow @ 21/06/2010 18:31  

Oh no Willow, not again! Yr having a nightmare arent ya lass? Dont know what else to suggest other than perhaps a trade in?

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 21/06/2010 18:34  

have you checked to see if the vent pipe is clear, easy way to tell is to see if it runs ok with tank cap open

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 21/06/2010 18:39  

i wish i could afford a trade in but am super skint!! not sure what my man that can did , but RAC man said new fuel pump............grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, bloody bike

Update Reply
willow @ 21/06/2010 18:48  

good job you sorted recovery out!!

Update Reply
yamahama @ 21/06/2010 18:50  

yeah, RAC must be sick of me by now!! do you think i'll get invited to staff xmas party this year at this rate ? lol

Update Reply
willow @ 21/06/2010 18:51  

Don't know about that. But I don't fancy your renewal premiums. Do you think you'll get a discount for being a frequent user?

Update Reply
yamahama @ 21/06/2010 18:55  

lol ,,,yeah i hope so...regular customer n all that...heheh

Update Reply
willow @ 21/06/2010 19:03  

DONT POST SUBJECTS IN CAPITAL LETTERS!!!!!!! ITS A REAL BALL-ACHE FOR ME FIXING IT.

Update Reply
Matt @ 21/06/2010 20:24  

willow aside from the fuel problem over the last few months that bikes got you all over the place including the North Lakes in March!

It's a lovely looking bike and I think you should stick with it. There's a load of fuel pumps on Ebay from reputable sellers who accept returns to protect their feedback. They range from £45 to £90.00 depending on model etc but it's got to be worth a shot if a new one is really expensive. Don't leave any feedback until you've ran the bike for a couple of weeks at least so you've always got some comeback with the seller, if you go down this route that is!

Nothing more frustrating than an intermittent problem but if you sort it now, you've got a cracking little bike

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 21/06/2010 21:58  

I'm with RK on this Willow. The CBR600 is a cracking bike, "benchmark motorcycling not that long ago" a friend of mine said recently.

It's easy to become despondent when a bike gives you grief over a few weeks, but the way to look at it is that once it's sorted, it'll be a smashing little bike.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 21/06/2010 22:24  

cheers rusty n geoff...........i do love the bike normaly and have been all over on it over the years...been as far as germany no problem.........it does get youdown tho!! no girly rings onmy back tyre !! lol............ sory matt .............note to self....i must not type in capitals.................... xxx

Update Reply
willow @ 21/06/2010 23:48  

;-)

Update Reply
Matt @ 21/06/2010 23:56  

Hi Willow,remember what i said regarding the bike,servicing and keeping an eye on everything on the bike,you still have not tried direct feed to the carbs have you?worked for my mate,and he was racing for 6 mnths on the same bike,again as i have said ,if you need help,i,m here,ok?edd.xxx

Update Reply
whiteairedfox @ 21/06/2010 23:59  

a new fuel pump has been put on my bike today !! yipeeeeeeeeee..............i'll be out on it tomorrow............also had to get a new zip on my bike jacket !! something else i broke !!! lol........... fingers crossed all goes well tomorrow............. watch this space x

Update Reply
willow @ 26/06/2010 17:59  

yeyhey,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i have done about 200 miles today and didnt get a lift with the rac ! the bike was fab and it was a good blast with a couple of pals.........very hot and am knackerd now but we all had a great day!! at last my bike works................yipeeeeeeeee i feel human again..............thanks to everyone for your help/support hugs Sheena xxx

Update Reply
willow @ 27/06/2010 19:19  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email