MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Newbies Forum

Bonjour :)

Bonjour :) - Forums [Biker Match] Bonjour :) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Newbies Forum /

Bonjour :)

Morning all,

Just wanted to say Hello as I just joined the site.

I don't have any friends in the UK that are into bikes so I'm hoping that I may be able to meet some here :)
I am a fairly new biker, only passed my test in Nov-09 and driven 2,000miles but I thoroughly enjoyed every single one of them :)

See ya
Ludo

Update Reply
Mr.Frenchie @ 13/06/2010 11:27  

Hi French & welcome to BM & the UK

My Fiancé & I have just come back from a trip round France, we went to Jard Sur Mer for a week & then onto Tours for a week.

Lovely countryside, however I have to say French car drivers don't seem to like people on bikes, certainly not women riders I found, but the bikers over there are very friendly, if not most of them silly with clothing, flipflops, t-shirts & no gloves seemed to be the order of the day.

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 13/06/2010 11:32  

i'm supprised Shell always found French drivers ok, apart from once, maybe you were unlucky, hi Ludo love the hair glad to see you dont have a shaved head [that refers to another topic] looking forward to weekend Shell yh

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 13/06/2010 12:01  

Hi and welcome Been to France many times and always found it warm and friendly. The roads are fantastic compared to the UK, watch out for the potholes over here!

Update Reply
RallyMad @ 13/06/2010 12:20  

I agree, most people friendly, roads great, just when you get on a Toll road all I seemed to encounter at the toll booths was people who were adamant that I should get a move on, to the extent that whilst putting my glove back on I had one guy leaning on his horn for most of the time, & after he got through the booth he came at me like an idiot, cut me up so close he almost had me off & then sped off, most just beeped horns tho.

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 13/06/2010 12:24  

Welcome matey!! I love France. Always had a great time over there. Not sure what happened tou you, Shell,,,, one time a whole queue of cars on a dual carriageway moved over for me,, and I mean every car,, hundreds of them... Great place!!

Update Reply
limeninja9 @ 13/06/2010 13:35  

done that fo me when leaving race meetings, had a police car pull along side and waved me to follow him, took me to the front of the queue for the Mont-Blanc tunnel. Brilliant

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 13/06/2010 14:16  

Welcome to the site FB and the british bike scene, get stuck in and enjoy

Update Reply
Doh Boy @ 13/06/2010 14:24  

Hiya FB :>
Hope you meet lots of new peeps and enjoy some good BM ride-outs

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 13/06/2010 14:29  

Welcome to the site and some good riding over her mate Hey looks like iv got some competition with the hair

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/06/2010 15:01  

Thanks for all the welcome msg guys :)

Shell, you must have met a very stupid one. I have been only once in France with the Bike and I found them much nicer to bike than in the UK :/
Regarding the riding without the full gear on, it is true that in France like in Spain or Italy many ride without much protective gears on when the weather is nice :(

Clinton - eheh. But yours seem like more permanent than my wig ;)

Update Reply
Mr.Frenchie @ 13/06/2010 15:36  

Bonjour cycliste français dans la bienvenue britannique au match de cycliste. Nous sommes une foule très amicale. Vérifiez les événements embarque pour la substance continuant dans votre secteur et n'importe où ailleurs toi déplacement fancing à.Appréciez l'emplacement et surtout….ayez l'amusement. Hi french biker in the ukWelcome to Biker Match. We are a very friendly crowd. Check out the events board for stuff going on in your area and anywhere else you fancing travelling to.Enjoy the site and most of all....have fun.

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 13/06/2010 16:55  

Hi and welcome to the club FBITUK / Ludo, it won't be long before you make new biker friends on here.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 13/06/2010 17:07  

hey there FB - welcome to BM. Keep an eye on the forums & event pages for any meet ups & ride outs

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 13/06/2010 17:12  

and french speaking hobits.....lol (not really, I googled it all)

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 13/06/2010 17:15  

LOL I shocked Ian when we were in France ... I can understand French when someone speaks it to me, but I cannot speak it ... dunno what it is there is just a block there

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 13/06/2010 17:17  

Welcome to BM Great site with great people Theres something for everyone so dont forget to check out our events calander and keep your eye out on the threads for rides out and inpromptu meet ups Hope to see you out and about at a ride/meet soon. Alex

Update Reply
rockchick123 @ 14/06/2010 11:02  

Bonjour espérons que vous êtes bien

Bienvenue et amusez-vous

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 14/06/2010 11:09  

Hi Ludo! I'm a Frenchy too and live not far from you, if you fancy a natter and a ride, let me know!

Update Reply
brigadoon @ 14/06/2010 13:40  

Hi Ludo and Brigadoon! Welcome to BM! What part for France are you both from? My brother lives in Mayenne. There's always plenty going on in the forums and chat room, although the chat room is usually busiest from the evening onwards. Don't forget to check out the events and get your names down for anything you can get along to. Look forward to meeting you sometime Hold tight and have fun Kaz

Update Reply
Karey @ 14/06/2010 14:03  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email