MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

Yammaha R6 petrol light keeps coming on

Yammaha R6 petrol light keeps coming on - Forums [Biker Match] Yammaha R6 petrol light keeps coming on - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

Yammaha R6 petrol light keeps coming on

I thought it was down to the hot weather on sunday but took bike to work and again I noticed the trip coming on telling me how many miles I had left before needing refueling.. the petrol light came on but the tank was full as I had only just filled up.. any suggestions?

Update Reply
madR6 @ 26/05/2010 08:49  

Just googled this as a R6 problem and it comes up with this:

'check on your connections under the tank and the wires going to the cluster and make sure there arent any breaks in anything'

apparently the fuel sensor wires can come adrift especially if the tank has been off recently and the connectors not pushed back in properly all the way. You could try lifting the tank and seeing if all connectors are in tight.

Hope that helps

Gaz

Update Reply
DG99 @ 26/05/2010 09:03  

I did the same thing, i think with my ZZR, a few years back. Didn't connect it up right when putting it all back together. Pain in the arse having to dismantle it all again. Get a friend to help you out though, especially if there's some fuel in, cos the tanks can be very heavy. I'm sure someone here in your area will be willing to help. Let us know how you get on.

Update Reply
Matt @ 26/05/2010 12:44  

Put some fuel in !! derr lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/05/2010 14:21  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email