MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Rallys

Rallys (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Rallys (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Rallys

Good moves HG.... Got to remember this as well as be my natural nutty self.... they will be running for the hills lol.....

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 12/05/2010 16:22  

Lol @ hells granny for the body search demand lol.....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/05/2010 17:33  

have to start taking my hip flasks lol...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/05/2010 17:33  

clubs allow cars to come and charge extra money for it and in a lot of cases welcome cars for the revenue, its a bike rally!!!!! if you haven't got a bike or cant get there as pillion don't go!! @ Shadowfax I do ride a bike Sahdow.... well did up until Easter Monday when i idiot on a GSXR decided to use the back of my bike as his brakes ..... For now I can't ride or pilly through no fault of my own and even if I could ride my bikes a right off.... So does that mean I shouldn't still go to the odd rally!!!

Update Reply
jabecs @ 12/05/2010 18:22  

I think exceptions can be allowed, as in your case. Plenty of ex-bikers are welcome, for instance. Shadowfax is generalising, against car-driving wannabees.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/05/2010 18:30  

Got to agree with shadowfax Janet,,,,but with exceptions,,,,which you would come under,,,,,,and as always ,,,these exceptions will be abused by some people,,,,,but I would like to think that if i were injured,,,or even bike off road for whatever reason i would be able to contact rally organizes for allowing access in car,,,,lets not forget we are bikers/pillions and should never miss out due to circumstances out of our controll.........................craig

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/05/2010 18:38  

We will always make an exception for you, Craig

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/05/2010 18:46  

Thank you XK

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/05/2010 18:49  

on the same note though we would be peeved if we were not allowed to go to an event with cars..... I love bikes always have but I still like some spec'd cars used to have a fully rally preped RS turbo for a little while and trust me theres a grin factor in that bad boy lol...but I agree on the bike rally for bikers thing....if you are travelling far bikes of the road etc even if you can't afford one or injured etc then hey just because your not on the bike your still a biker..... its who you are not what you can afford or what circumstances have thrown at you. As they say "Live to Ride"....its really a state of mind isn't it.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/05/2010 18:57  

Not sure that my rally experience is worthy of this posting, but what the hell...this is my 2p worth. I have only been to one rally thus far and yes, whilst I agree that food and drink is expensive if purchased whilst there, I was advised to take my own which I did. However, I planned finacially for the event, and was more than happy to pay an outragious price for a carton of steaming hot noodles after partying until after 3 in the morning!!!

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 12/05/2010 19:00  

Agree with all the comments, bike rallys for bikers not wannabe car drivers that just want a cheep weekend. As for food and drink, I take my own then I can have what I want when I want it.

Update Reply
Doh Boy @ 12/05/2010 19:06  

Doh Boy....sometimes, there just isn't enough room on a bike for all the stuff needed for a weekend......In my limited experience!!!

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 12/05/2010 19:15  

*grumpy old man mode on* I said it wouldn't be popular. My first ZZR was off the road for about 3 months during the summer when a piston tried to escape from the crankcases. I never once considered going to a rally in that time. Never been without 2 bikes since.

Not interested if you have kids and "I cant take the kids if I go on a bike", that's ignoring the kids at bike rallies argument. If you are disabled, get the bike adapted or get a trike. Not enough room on the bike to take everything, so have to take the car? tough!! even if you can't afford one or injured etc then hey just because your not on the bike your still a biker. I cant afford an aeroplane but does that mean I can call myself a pilot?

My sister even won a long distance award when she went in a car and booked in as a member of a bike club she was friends with, all to my eternal shame (do you think I have let her forget it??).

The farmyard is no cars and no pedestrians, even though there's plenty park up in the car and get a mate to ferry them in.
*grumpy old man mode off*

Back to the original thread about the price of drink etc ...... money grabbing, greedy pubs usually (oh and I used to have a pub myself), making the money they can make on a rally weekend they are being greedy, they could afford to knock down the price of even a couple of draughts (preferably guiness)

Shadowfax now dives for cover under the nearest table

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/05/2010 19:46  

Standby Shadow fox in coming lol Re even if you can't afford one or injured etc then hey just because your not on the bike your still a biker. I cant afford an aeroplane but does that mean I can call myself a pilot? Well if you were a qualified pilot ie done the exams and the flights...I have 10 hours of my 40 hours mandatory training in the bag, then yes you could call your self a pilot......you think just because an Astronaut can't afford a space shuttle it makes him any less an Astronaut..... so then all these women and mates who come on someone elses bikes shouldn't be allowed to come because they then not having a bike of their own would not be bikers.???????????? And we all know someone who has had a bad crash and will never go a bike again...... as for a modified trike great if you have the money to do it and insure it with your disability, if you haven't then do we say sorry mate your not a biker anymore as you can't play with us anymore cause you don't have bike er NO I don't think that is the way most bikers feel...... How do you think a lot of people get into biking they come along see it maybe on a day ticket and think I like this I come maybe for a weekend enjoy meet bikers from there towns and get into biking that way, especially a lot of the women....... So to exclude the odd person in a car as a blanket ban is wrong I feel........ however I can't get enough on the bike is bollocks, what do you need a tent and some sleeping kit a pan and a cooker, everyone else manages fine....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/05/2010 22:06  

Not if you offer to take everyones gear along for them so that they don't have to bother strapping it all onto the bike. Just my opinion

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 12/05/2010 22:11  

I think therein lies yr problem/answer BL. Tell em all to sod off and you'll have loads of room for yr own stuff

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 12/05/2010 22:16  

I went camping earlier this year with a pinion and a mountain of luggage, I even took an inflatable bed, duvet and pillows (it was cold!). So I agree that "I can't get it all on the bike" is bollocks. More like "I can't be bothered to carry it".
BTW, if you turn up in a Reliant Robin, does it count as a trike? 

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/05/2010 22:17  

Must admitt,,,,i carry allsorts on my bike to rally,,,,from food, drink,, to airbed, pillow etc,,,,as long as i can get water from somewhere i dont need to use the catering stalls at all,,,,i do because they are there!!!! Problem will arise if ever i go two's up,,,,will have to rethink packing procedures then and downsize on some stuff,,,,,or visit shops once set up !!!!!! At the moment i can get away with a few comforts but may have to sacrifice that at a later date for necessities,,,or maybe not!!!!! Never been one for travelling light anyway!!!! craig....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/05/2010 22:23  

last rally i went to...i was very mini mumliztic(cant spell) with my load, due to no panniers/tank bag etc all i could take was tent and summer doss bag and a rucksack containing choice of clothes(couldnt decide what to wear) and a few bottles of ready mix vodka and tonic in evian water bottles and bottles of just evian water(for cleaning teeth and for taking pain relief the morning after (if needed) and some garden string(green) to tie all stuff on't bike, i learnt the hard way...was freezing cold,wore all clothing at once.....and kept getting bottles of 'drinks' mixed up....ended up cleaning teeth with the vodka will try to be more organized for the farmyard....

Update Reply
uglyducklin @ 12/05/2010 22:50  

that's brilliant!

Update Reply
anneka56 @ 12/05/2010 23:13  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email