MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

kids at rallies

kids at rallies (2) - Forums [Biker Match] kids at rallies (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

kids at rallies

depends what rallies you go to RK... I for one am never stoned/drunk and incapable of looking after my kids, tyvm.... As you say, it is down to individual good, responsible parenting at the end of the day. It is right for me to take my kids to bike rallies...but that is MY opinion ...x

Update Reply
cissystar650 @ 16/04/2010 10:22  

An answer might be for organisers to make info clear in the show/rally publicity. ie kids/famillies welcome or not. Then, if folk have strong feelings, they can choose which to attend.

Update Reply
Rob1050 @ 16/04/2010 10:30  

Easy solution to all this...leave em at all with the women lol

Update Reply
reaper_soul_man64 @ 16/04/2010 10:34  

*depends what rallies you go to RK*

cissy you're right and i've only been to two and neither were suitable for kids as there was nothing there for them to do except babysit their drunken parents . I'm not saying everyone who takes their kids to rallies is a bad parent just that I go to rallies to get off my face and have a weekend of no responsibility so taking my kids would be a big no no!!

Maybe this year I should get to one of the bigger rallies and see what it's like for kids there

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 16/04/2010 15:45  

can i put my two penniesworth in please, some rallies i agree with as i always go to the bulldog and was surprised to see kids watching the girls on stage not dressed in much at all, having said that if i was 13 years old there i would of kopped a look too, but having two kids, well 4 now with Annes two as well ( although they are grown up i still like to treat them like my own ) , i would not take mine to a rally where people are getting drunk and there is no rules or regulations, however i see alot of kids and welcome them to the mcn at skeggy where its very much kid friendly...plus folks are we not missing the point of introducing them to bikes etc....at the mcn they can sit on them, see them on a dyno etc......so i think its down to the parents being sensible and choosing the right rally to take there muggles to !!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/04/2010 16:19  

My turn......... When my kids were younger I used to pick and choose the places I took them to . I can say that hand on heart my kids sat and ate dinner without screaming crying food flinging running around and generally upseting other peeps. The same whereever we went and that was from birth up to now lol The few bike rallies I have been to (only small ones) I would not want my kids to have gone to ... not just because of the behavoir of others but also out of courtesy.. Other people have children and chose to attend without them ...Why ...because they wanna relax enjoy and party without the worry of looking after them and what they may or may not see. If you wanna do family camping then do just that family camp.... This might upset some and for that i'm sorry..... but truth be told everytime i have gone to rallies and meets with camping and kids are there apart from running round till early hrs of morning shouting and screaming i couldnt see why they were there. I am still not sure at 18 + 24 i'd want them there now (18 wont go lol doesn't do the roughing it ) Its my time with my friends and when all is said and done i dont tag along to there things. Runs for cover as just knows has overdone with the honesty lol

Update Reply
jabecs @ 16/04/2010 17:26  

I have taken my daughter to a few rallys/festivals when she was younger......she now invites me to venues(grassin) maybe so she can keep an eye on me

Update Reply
uglyducklin @ 16/04/2010 22:20  

Kids shouldn't be banned from rallys, however there should be an actual watershed for under 18's and also younger children. East of Leeds Rally was supposed to have a 10 pm no kids rule, well all I saw was kids well young maybe even younger than 10 at the stage front at the end of a night. Well to me that is not a very responsible thing for a parent to allow their young and impressionable children to do. There was all sorts going on in there.

Well that's my view and if anyone says young kids should be allowed to witness topless women, weed and the rest as well as run around to that time of night then well all I can say is rather you than me.......

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/04/2010 22:58  

Kids should not be allowed at rallys, anyone who takes them is irresponsible and selfish. There plenty of places and activies for children, when mine was growing up we were away most weekends, there are lots of things you can do together. If people make a commitment to have children then they should willing to give up there personal pleasures for a few years and join in activies that are suitable for kids, if i could i woulld ban people from rallys for life if they took there kids along. it's just pure selfishness and does the children no good at all

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 17/04/2010 00:52  

Rallies are for bikers - well both my kids ride pillion, so are we checking licences or birth certificates? On saying that I agree with most of what's said on here. I don't think it's the kids that are the problem, it's the parents. Most rallies I've been to aren't suitable for young kids later on, but if the parents are responsible that's not a problem cos they'll be tucked up in bed. Unfortunately that's rarely the case and there nothing I hate worse than other people's unruly brats! There are plenty of rallies that welcome, not just tolerate kids, and any sensible parent will head for those cos the kids won't be bored and troublesome. It''s easy to tell which they are, cos if they're not welcome the kids tickets are full price to put you off. As for teenagers, which mine were before I started rallying, I can't see a problem - being as bikers don't grow up anyway! There's nothing for teenagers to do out there, and if they are happy to come along then it just proves we're not boring gits. I would guess that most bikers' kids are bikers anyway, just not old enough to have their own. My lads been on countdown to 16 since he was about 3.

Update Reply
6ypsy @ 17/04/2010 01:56  

biker bill...thats a bit harsh....what happens if your a single parent and cant get child care and like the mcn weekend there are lots of activities for kids......so is that being selfish going to the mcn weekend with your kids if its the only rallie you can get to and doubles up as a holiday for your kids too ????

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/04/2010 04:30  

Bikerbill.... " irresponsible?" "Selfish?".... I agree with Ian - that's a bit harsh! I am neither of those things. i would not take myself anywhere near the Bulldog Bash, let alone the children. That is one rally that I would deem as unsuitable for kids....for many reasons. The NABD rally has a 'family tent' because under 14's are banned from the main one after 7pm (or thereabouts). The Double Trouble Rally is held at a country farm, specifically because it has lots for the children to do, including an indoor play area. Choosing my rallies carefully does not make me irresponsible or selfish. My children do not run round screaming or misbehaving wherever I take them. With some people's attitudes, it is hardly surprising that bikers are a dying breed.

Update Reply
cissystar650 @ 17/04/2010 06:37  

Morning all,,,,ive already posted my opinion on here but would like to say that sometimes,,,as responsible adults and bikers,,,,we have to agree to disagree at times...... Everyone has thier own opinion and agenda but that does not mean they are right or wrong and i find these sort of topics interesting as to how people feel about certain things....... Life would be boring if we were all the same !!!!and thought the same!!! good topic and a good debate......craig

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/04/2010 08:04  

To classify the MCN bash at Butlins as a bike rally is stretching it a bit. It is not exactly your traditional rally, but just the ticket for families, as there is lots for the kiddiwinks (young and old). So you pays your money and takes your choice.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/04/2010 10:47  

Butlins is not a rally so kids are welcome but you still get one or two irresponsible and selfish parents there, you see young children running and playing on the dance floors after midnight i don't think thats right, but what really annoys me is people who take babys into the night clubs on a night i don't think they are suitable environment for babys and think they should be stopped

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 18/04/2010 01:34  

Maybe the question should not be, wether babies should be allowed in nightclubs, but wether we have the right to tell other folk what they can and can't do. It's a free country, wether we agree with everything or not.

Update Reply
Rob1050 @ 18/04/2010 19:42  

It maybe a free country as long as we follow the rules an laws of the land and come on if anyone on here can say that letting a child and I don't mean daughter Jane Do or son John Do who is 16 with there mum/ dad brother/ sister getting their first taste of the rally scene. We are talking about kids under 10 running around daft at midnight with no sign of parents who are pissed up and not worried about what the kids are up to.
Day time activities and a little early evening music at the right type of rally are fine as long as they are back on tents and supervised at a suitable hour not running about like mad things at an hour when children should be in bed instead of mum and dad who can't be arses to supervise their own off spring as it inconveniences their social life

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/04/2010 20:10  

Get in there John .....couldn't have put it better myself

Update Reply
jabecs @ 18/04/2010 21:28  

I have to totally agree with you too John :)

Update Reply
rockchick123 @ 18/04/2010 21:34  

Kids at rallies...You hit the nail right on the head there Johnny... Can,t actually blame the kids themselves though!

Update Reply
old red @ 18/04/2010 21:55  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email