MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Classifieds & Swap Shop

Wanted - Bass tuition

Wanted - Bass tuition - Forums [Biker Match] Wanted - Bass tuition - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Classifieds & Swap Shop /

Wanted - Bass tuition

Just wondering if anyone in BM-Land has a beginners guide (or similar) to playing the bass guitar? Cassie has decided to take up the bass and is looking for something to help get her going. Thanks

Update Reply
Blueboy955i @ 11/03/2010 22:08  

hi bb 955,i can play guitar ..tell her to get book out library or buy book on scales-chords or easy rythms.her fingers will hurt at firstbut practice every day helps. plus digi tuner shopkeeper should help with that .m.[s`what i done]

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/03/2010 22:18  

Hi Blue there are several free tutorials online, try http://www.electricbluesclub.co.uk/tutorials.html#bass_..._tutorials

Update Reply
trikerider552 @ 11/03/2010 22:23  

had a look trike its a bit daunting for begginer,but what i saw bb was the tab-tablature- version to playin songs as apopsed to full music script look at the acdc whole llotta rosie on web site looks ok for starter.look up tab songs and tutorials.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/03/2010 22:43  

Thanks for all the advice so far people, much appreciated So with Cassie learning the bass and me on the drums we could end up like a rock version of The Carpenters

Update Reply
Blueboy955i @ 12/03/2010 17:35  

TEN TIPS to get you started,

1,USE LIGHT GUAGE STRINGS EASIER ON DAINTY HANDS
2,PLAY WITH A DRUMMER,DRUM MACHINE OR METRONOME PLAYING IN TIME IS IMPORTANT
3,A FEW LESSONS WITH A GOOD TEACHER,PREFERABLY A BASS PLAYER,AND ONE TO ONE IS MONEY WELL SPENT.
4,MUSIC IS BETTER THAN TAB,NOTE LENGTH,RESTS ARE ESSENTIAL INFORMATION TO PLAY BASS
5,LOADS OF INFORMATION LESSONS FORUMS ON THE NET
6,A SIMPLE BEGGINERS BOOK FROM A MUSIC SHOP,WILL START YOU OFF
7 SCALES,FINGER EXCERSIZES,AND LEARNING THE NOTES ON THE FRETBOARD ARE KEYS TO SUCCESS
8,KEEP YOUR BASS AWAY FROM RADIATORS,HOT CARS IN SUMMER,WIPE THE BASS AND STRINGS WITH A SOFT CLOTH AFTER YOU PLAY,KEEP THE BASS TUNED.
9, PLAYING SIMPLE BASS LINES IN TIME WITH THE DRUMMER,AND LAYING A SOLID FOUNDATION FOR THE SONG WILL GET YOU A LONG WAY
10,TRY TO FEEL THE MUSIC,LISTEN TO THE BASS LINES IN AS MANY SONGS AS YOU CAN,SING CLAP,TAP YOUR FINGERS,FORGET THE MELODY AND THE WORDS,AND TRY TO JUST LISTEN TO THE BASS AND DRUMS.
and finaly this is not a four string guitar,nor is it easy,it requires loads of practise,it is fun,frustrating,there is loads to learn,both about the instrument,changing strings,tuning,controls etc,the physical playing of the thing,and then music theory,chords,scales,have fun take care and ask if your not certain, Sean

Update Reply
SEAN ZXR750H1 @ 18/04/2010 02:17  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email