MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

What do you think to villages being trained and armed with speed guns in a East Yorkshire village

What do you think to villages being trained and armed with speed guns in a East Yorkshire village (2) - Forums [Biker Match] What do you think to villages being trained and armed with speed guns in a East Yorkshire village (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

What do you think to villages being trained and armed with speed guns in a East Yorkshire village

Ohh come off it Bill "you know" Beeford straight is a notorious warp speed testing ground the villagers must be totally fed up with pricks on Plastics doing stupid stunts near and through their village! However, I'm against this type of thing totally as mentioned earlier in the thread vigilantys have no place in crime prevention, and "who's going to make sure the guns are calibrated fully EVERY time they are used??" IMO it'll happen but it'll just make peeps slow down for the village and open up either side even more than usual.

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 01/11/2009 14:19  

Your right about Beeford stright Hull it's the first place i did 100mph, but this is not just about pricks on plastic there after every one, even you must have broke the speed limit there at some time.

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 01/11/2009 23:11  

I possably have! Only say possably because when overtaking slower moving traffic I watch the line of traffic for those who are asleep to the fact that they are not the only road users to want to overtake and the road ahead in case of oncoming traffic or other hazzards! I aggree with Geoff about the PPE too. I also expect that the people trained to use the equipment have to be deputised by the Cheif Counstable (in a specials kinda way) so they can then give expert witness testomoney in court! As a private citizan is not a law enforcement officer! And will the users also be vetted? I.E will they all have to pay for a enhanced disclosure of all and any convictions they have for previous vigilantyism LMAO.

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 02/11/2009 02:01  

Why would you need a hi vis jacket on the pavement? Cars and bikes aint ment to be driving on the Pavement. I would still rather have some old git on the roadside pointing a speed gun at me than a hidden camera. And on plus side if there standing on the roadside they aint clogging up the road doing 40 in there city Rover's

Update Reply
micksaway @ 02/11/2009 04:06  

signs that show your speed just to pre warn you....we had one in our village...it only went up to 99 mph....spoil sports if i see some vindictive little waer pointin one of tho's speed guns at my bike or car id run the fker over! the local Naighbur hoody whatch group wanting to stop people riding though there vilages Beeford straight is a notorious warp speed testing ground the villagers must be totally fed up with pricks on Plastics doing stupid stunts near and through their village! it's the first place i did 100mph, Awww.... Look at the lovely fluffy wuffy cuddly bikers. Aren't they just a superb bunch of top-notch chaps? Really makes you wonder why on earth the good folk of Beeford felt it necessary to agree to volunteering for this pilot scheme, huh?

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 02/11/2009 08:17  

We have had this in our village, signs up etc..i think if you get clocked you only get a letter warning you , but i would say there would be trouble if someone saw a member of the public pointing a camera at there car/bike !!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/11/2009 08:29  

Beeford Straight is approx half a mile North West of the Village Wannabee (just to keep a balance here) it's is not through the middle of the village... Not that I'm condoning the speeding there just saying it's not built up, (I was saying the villagers are fedup becase the bikes/cars who build up a speed probaly carry on to and through the village at above the speed limit!) cannot prove it however, there is a cafe there Worlycross that is open on Thursday Nights as a biker venue! It is part way down the straight!

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 02/11/2009 12:07  

The road between Beeford and Lisset is a notorious accident hotspot, and has been for many years. I still worry on it even 20-odd years after our accident there. We was slowly following a tractor around a bend coming onto the straight one clear afternoon, so Mark indicated to overtake when he realised the straight ahead was clear, after checking his mirrors he started to go into the other lane and with that there was an almighty smash - a motorbike had gone up the back of us. We was both shunted forward and the bike was wedged right under the back of the car. Luckily the rider was thrown clear. Apparently he had thought it was only the tractor and went to overtake it at speed, he hadn't seen us. The bike and car were write-offs. There is a reason for these hand speed cameras - I know I'm going to get shot down on this but people have died on this road over the years - the villagers are only taking matters into their own hands, and I for one don't blame them

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 02/11/2009 12:25  

A lot of years ago i was riding a BSA down Beeford stright at 30mph in traffic and fell asleep, ran up the grass bank, and fell of.

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 03/11/2009 01:45  

Well it is a long straight and going at that speed I'm not surprised.......... No wonder you like the speed bug

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 03/11/2009 07:04  

I live on a boat in lake loathing. We get speeders here to. Time to break out the dingy & harpoon em.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/11/2009 08:57  

These people are just trying to protect themselves & their children.
Stick to the speed limit then there is no need for people to be bothering themselves.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/11/2009 09:06  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email