MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Good Deed for the day

Good Deed for the day - Forums [Biker Match] Good Deed for the day - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Good Deed for the day

I was on my way to my mates house in the rain. At a roundabout I noticed a gallon oil container lying in road. I pulled over and noticed that wheel arch was soaked in oil. I turned back and Luckily it was close to police station and one of there cars was just coming round the same roundabout. As he didnt notice the oil covering the road I flagged him down and pointed it out. Hopefully preventing a fellow bike rider from what could have been serious accident.

Update Reply
micksaway @ 06/10/2009 21:47  

Mick u r a gentleman and a scholar

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 06/10/2009 21:48  

well done Mick myself and sumo was in a situation with an oil spill it went on for about 13 miles i was sliding all over, it was that bad u could smell it...

Update Reply
UKHarleyRider @ 06/10/2009 21:51  

Biker and a bum more like Think riding a bike makes you more vigilent when driving

Update Reply
micksaway @ 06/10/2009 21:52  

Hey. . lets start an awards ceremony! Well done Mick. . you get the first trophy . . and its a big one when you think of the possible outcomes. Can I get a small badge please for washing 30 painting shirts from school?????

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 06/10/2009 21:53  

thumbs up Mick , bike or car could've had serious problems on that.

Update Reply
excalibur @ 06/10/2009 21:59  

micks you're assuming the copper did something about it then, did he cone it off ready for cleaning etc or wait till you were out of sight and clear off I wonder?

Last year I followed a volvo from Durham to Scotch Corner who was swerving all over the road at over 90 and looked like he was gonna kill someone. I dialled 999 at Durham and talked to the police for 20 minutes describing where he was and what he was doing but unfortunately didn't see hide nor hair of a cop car over a 20 mile stretch so I gave up and went home! Hopefully noone suffered his madness further down the A1!!

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 06/10/2009 22:13  

Saw the same thing a few years back Rusty the guy eventually went off the road , had a kid with him in the car i stopped took his key's and when i handed them in at the cop station was told I'D committed a crime by taking his f'ing key's !! not in the UK though.

Update Reply
excalibur @ 06/10/2009 23:05  

RK I went past hour and half later cop car sitting on oil spill with blues on and signs and cones out. Sign and cones would have been enough. Will be on road tomorrow so will see how well it was cleaned up

Update Reply
micksaway @ 07/10/2009 02:27  

The firebrigade will of been called to clean the mess up. My cousin is a firefighter (or what ever they are now called) and he has been to a fair few deisel spills on roundabouts to clean them up. Prevension is better than scrapeing some one up off the road.

Update Reply
Throttle Jockey @ 07/10/2009 04:10  

silly job for a fireman really, cant those highways agency muppets do jobs like that?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/10/2009 11:14  

They do get called in the first place seb in worcestershire anyhow... depends on the size of the spill as to whether the Fire brigade is called out.

Update Reply
moonstone @ 07/10/2009 17:53  

Mick it sounds like you stumbled on a decent copper

exc thats crazy but it does actually sound like something that could happen in the UK, nowt surprises me in this country!

seb I think those muppets are spot on lol. I had an accident 3 years back and one of them even translated the polish trucker for me

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 07/10/2009 18:00  

The motorway muppets would close the road, cone of the county then see if they had a mop in the car big enough. They would end up getting the fire brigade out anyway cus it's the wrong kind of diesel. I called em motorway muppets in their office at quinton once. It didn't go down very well.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 07/10/2009 18:02  

You can't say that blues!!

I found them really helpfull and they didn't spend the first 5 minutes checking me tax disk and tyre tread like the plod do for a change

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 07/10/2009 18:07  

I use lot of hydraulic oil at work if we get a spill a bag of spillsorb and a brush sorts it in a couple of mins.

Update Reply
micksaway @ 07/10/2009 21:52  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email