MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Rock and Blues

Rock and Blues - Forums [Biker Match] Rock and Blues - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Rock and Blues

Just had a report from a mate, you can't bring your own booze onto the site!! you have to buy theirs at £2.00 a tin! They are even checking tents for 'illicit' booze! Vote with your feet next year, peeps! I'm disgusted!! Outlaws?? At least Dick Turpin wore a mask!!

Update Reply
maxnod @ 25/07/2009 17:23  

It does say on their website that you can't bring your own booze and that vehicle searches may be requested.
Bulldog Bash has the same warning on its website too. Of course, you COULD stand your ground and argue the toss, but would you?

Update Reply
Wills @ 25/07/2009 18:03  

NABD events have the same rule, of course NABD don't search your tent or overcharge for booze and their bar profits are for a damn good cause.

Update Reply
prof @ 26/07/2009 15:26  

'COULD stand your ground and argue the toss, but would you?' I maybe daft, but not stupid!!

Update Reply
maxnod @ 26/07/2009 16:26  

I was at the R&B all weekend. No one searched my tent nor did i see them search anyone elses tent. They did have a quick look in my topbox at the gate. Most of the large shows/rallies have the same rule. they did search tents two years ago but were mainly looking for glass as they use grazing fields. We all know the rules before we go to these events and accept them. I'm sure you've been to nightclubs and not complained about ridiculous prices. Nobody said they were a charitable organization. My objection was that no cookers or cooking fuel of any kind were allowed on site. That was blamed on fire regs. I have my doubts though.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 26/07/2009 17:32  

You could not take camping cookers either, (no gas bottle of any sort) which meant you had to buy tea and coffee and cooked food from the stalls. The number were way down this year, there were more cars than bikes. So on the upside, I could get a sit in the beer tent, get to the loos without having to que for hours, and get to the front to see the bands, :-). there is always an upside... will post pics later, there were not many bikes in the custom show, which was a shame.

Update Reply
Puds @ 26/07/2009 17:36  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email