MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Hit and Run - Witnesses Sought

Hit and Run - Witnesses Sought (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Hit and Run - Witnesses Sought (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Hit and Run - Witnesses Sought

amen to that TC , but still glad they've got 4 wheels and not 2 lol ..bet you'd insist on 2 though with a v-twin !

Update Reply
excalibur @ 24/07/2009 21:10  

TC ive had the exact same situation with one stranded, like a tortoise on its back !!

Update Reply
julie j @ 24/07/2009 21:16  

In the window of the mobility shop in town (it's moved premises now) there were the usual scooters and one that had handlebars and looked like a chopper bike lol (mine) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Many years ago on my way to a doctors appointment, on a warm sunny day fresh out of the shower, a woman was sat in one of these things and asked if I'd PUSH her cos her battery was flat. She must have weighed 20 stone, and gawd knows how much the scooter weighed AND the road she wanted me to push her up? ....a ruddy great hill!!! lol I was wet through with sweating and when I got to the doctors had my blood pressure checked and it was normal which surprised me after what I'd just done. I smoked about 30 a day then too so even more surprising.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 24/07/2009 22:31  

Kwak,

Next time just rush by looking the other way n shoutin 'I know nothin' LOL

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 24/07/2009 23:04  

Rusty, I'm goin to get one of those fold-away walking canes (painted white) ROFL

Update Reply
Sandi @ 24/07/2009 23:13  

and make sure you've got your trainers on so you can pick up the pace a bit lol

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 24/07/2009 23:18  

I must admit to having a bit of a giggle when I heard this on the radio and I'm sure the bloke reading the news was having trouble suppressing a chuckle! On the other hand though,I dont suppose the old dear who got run over found it all that funny. I had to rescue an old lady on one in tesco,she had got stuck at the bottom of one of those travelator things and there was an awful electrical smell coming out of it mind you,she was laden with about 3 hundredweight of shopping!

Update Reply
pondlife @ 25/07/2009 07:47  

*laden with about 3 hundredweight of shopping!*

Don't tell me they're making HGV scooters now pond! The electrical smell was probably her pacemaker

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 25/07/2009 09:29  

Is it illegal to use a mobile phone whilst driving one?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/07/2009 10:00  

old people cant use mobiles anyway they go into shock when it rings and just stare at it. i usualy ask them to bluetooth me their crap ringtone and get a look of bewilderment

Update Reply
dunans @ 25/07/2009 12:37  

the oversized chain smoking parents take there kids to school on em here!!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 25/07/2009 12:45  

guess they'll be hooking up caravans and clogging up the highways soon , anyone for a petition ?

Update Reply
excalibur @ 25/07/2009 13:41  

Hey there's nowt wrong with caravans! Even if they are doing 8 mph behind an electric vehicle. Mind they'll have to have some size mirror extensions, maybe a new market for me there!!

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 25/07/2009 14:47  

How come such a serious topic turned into such a funny one?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 25/07/2009 14:56  

Ahem.....yes lads stop being silly and get back to the serious side of this, someone could have gotten badly hurt!

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 25/07/2009 19:09  

think that they should have to take module 1 and 2 poss even 3 and 4. if asda did free delivery for oldies that would keep them all indoors!

Update Reply
julie j @ 25/07/2009 19:15  

someone did get badly hurt RK but it could have been worse....it could have been me lol

Update Reply
pondlife @ 25/07/2009 19:56  

Eeeh Julie,

You'll be all prooned up one day you know

Pond I wouldn't mind getting mowed down, think of the meal you could make of a claim like that! Might scream n throw mesell under one in Tescos this afternoon. Anyone got a pen i can borrow to fill out the forms lol

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 26/07/2009 12:36  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email