MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Some Alarming Statistics

Some Alarming Statistics (10) - Forums [Biker Match] Some Alarming Statistics (10) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Some Alarming Statistics

got foreward controls cant say it feels like i'm using the pegs!! seems to start from bum upwards!!gradually leaning using upper body then slight pressure on bars! difficult to explain! [specially bout the bum bit but TC knows where i'm comin from!]

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 04/07/2009 20:56  

Apart from the bars, the pegs and bodywieght, some people steer with their knees, more difficult these days with sloping tanks. Older bikes were fitted with "knee grips" I have used a varity of techniques, on a variety of bikes. Old,new,British,Italian,Japanese and German, large and small. They all required their "unique" touch and feel to corner with confidence.

Update Reply
Emzed @ 04/07/2009 23:02  

sending away for some nostalgic knee pads for my triumph![or i could cut an old rubber car mat!]

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 05/07/2009 08:31  

didnt the triumphs used to have like a black pad on them ....sorry emz and tango i am a bit too young to remember lmao

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/07/2009 08:36  

yep! you have to buy em separate now as an accesorie!need some to cover up a couple scratches! an youll be an old fart for ya know it Ian!!!youll think fk! when did that happen?

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 05/07/2009 11:40  

punkdude - doh! it seems so obvious now.. Just looked at the Harley footpeg mirrors but they are £5000. Will wait until Kuryakyn do some - should only be £4900 then... Not many Ural Wolfs about at the moment but have just seen a nice 1954 Panther for sale - would look great with forward controls and apes.... or maybe try shoulder height footpegs like excalibur suggested - that could look pretty cool! TM - I know where you are coming from!! I am sure that there is a a joke in there about cruising being easier when you know how to use your bum but I am buggered if I can find it.....

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 05/07/2009 13:51  

I know where you are coming from!! I am sure that there is a a joke in there about cruising being easier when you know how to use your bum but I am buggered if I can find it..... That is SOOOOO wrong in SOOOO many ways!! (as TC intended it to be )

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 05/07/2009 14:01  

Bum , buggered , anymore clues TC lol...my wife owned a hyousung aquila 650cc (korean v-rod lookalike)i rode it back home from a holiday destination 810k's only stopped for fuel for me and her bike , my a..e was numb for a week after! no wonder they call you cruiser riders "ironbutts" i should have rather trailered the max with us .

Update Reply
excalibur @ 05/07/2009 14:25  

TM i think Ian enjoys making us old farts feel like old farts ..rub it in bro , you'll get there one day too if you're clever , safe and lucky . lol

Update Reply
excalibur @ 05/07/2009 14:30  

my triumphs comfy as an old armchair!!jus want slippers an a pipe!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 05/07/2009 17:31  

yeah ,but watchout for mr "sandman" too cumfy can be a bad thing , more than likely you an ironbutt too.

Update Reply
excalibur @ 05/07/2009 19:31  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email