MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Adding Events - Bug fixes

Adding Events - Bug fixes - Forums [Biker Match] Adding Events - Bug fixes - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Adding Events - Bug fixes

I've fixed LOADS of bugs with the Add Event page. I've also removed the calendar selection and added a drop-down box instead. This should be more accurate. The form now also includes lots of error checking, and will give you an informative message if something is wrong with your post. Please let me know if you face any problems with it.

Update Reply
Matt @ 22/06/2009 20:18  

Cool - ta muchly Matt.

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 22/06/2009 20:27  

took me 3 hours! I've been meaning to sort it out for ages, cos people keep putting invalid things in (like non-numerics in the phone number field, or event titles that are far far too long etc). Im always getting emails saying "ive got error line code number xxx on this page", so i finally got around to adding some server-side error checking. The calendar popup was crap also, so i got rid of it. Now you have to select from a drop-down box.

Update Reply
Matt @ 22/06/2009 20:30  

3 hours of much appreciated effort

I'll go have a rummage around for some event details to submit and take it for a test spin

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 22/06/2009 21:38  

awwww you little star! lol

Update Reply
Matt @ 22/06/2009 21:53  

*sniggers*

You almost managed to type that without a hint of sarcasm!

The drop down list is fab Way easier. It'd be even easier if I could've found out the actual event start/finish times on their website... as it is, I've kind of guessed at the timings! *ahem*

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 22/06/2009 22:33  

ah don't worry, as long as the date is accurate and the time is as close as possible... the main thing is people have the web-link and a place to add themselves to an attendance list. Not to forget upload photos to

Update Reply
Matt @ 22/06/2009 23:54  

That's pretty much the way I figured it Matt - if my start/end times are way off, I can always amend it in a forum discussion

I need to hire someone to wander around these things taking photos for me... I managed to almost get my camera out of its bag at the weekend, but had a bunch of customers come in, so put it away again. Not that I'm complaining!

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 23/06/2009 07:42  

Customers Lou? You quickly locked them in I hope?

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 23/06/2009 08:02  

The locks on the marquee aren't all that Geoff.... not a problem though - I soon had 'em hog-tied... I knew all that rope and knotting experience from the girl guides wouldn't go to waste

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 23/06/2009 09:22  

Who would've thought learning about knots at girl guides would have come in so handy later in life...

Update Reply
mat750 @ 23/06/2009 09:26  

Oh hello Mark - long time no see! Fancy you popping up at the first mention of rope work...

*runs away very very fast*

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 23/06/2009 09:34  

Me again

Would it be possible to arrange some tweakery so that the paragraphing remains when an event is submitted please?

I try to put lots of detail into the listings to help folk decide whether or not an event's for them, but because it all comes up in a solid body of text, it makes it really hard to read.

i've tried to forget about too much punctuation, as the only punctuation marks it seems to recognise are full stops and I understand that's an anti-hacker measure, but it would really help my poor failing eyes to have a few paragraph breaks

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 08/07/2009 12:30  

I do try to put paragraph breaks back in when I do my checks but sometimes it's not obvious where they should be! So can I add my vote to that bit of tweakery too, Matt?

Update Reply
mat750 @ 08/07/2009 14:57  

erm... they already are. Any new line is carried forward in events (At least when i post events)

Update Reply
Matt @ 08/07/2009 18:00  

sorry my mistake, no it doesnt. ill sort that now

Update Reply
Matt @ 08/07/2009 18:02  

I post in the boxes as I do in forum posts.

Like this. With a gap in between my points.

But it comes out on the event listing as a solid body of text, removing brackets, question marks etc etc etc. This is true whether I post from a pc or my Mac, because I tried that just to test it, in case it was a compatibility issue

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 08/07/2009 18:02  

Aha! Should've refreshed before I hit post message Cheers Matt - much appreciated.

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 08/07/2009 18:03  

fixed. Why didn't you tell me sooner? lol... took me less than 60 seconds!

Update Reply
Matt @ 08/07/2009 18:05  

Oh you know me... don't like to make a fuss *ahem*

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 08/07/2009 18:06  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email