MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Access to be blocked outside of the UK

Access to be blocked outside of the UK (4) - Forums [Biker Match] Access to be blocked outside of the UK (4) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Access to be blocked outside of the UK

I get password strength under the password box - it goes from "Insecure" (red line, red text) to "Very secure" (green line & text).

Event photos come up in one long column, rather than in rows... and I can't see the karma value - just the karma bar... Otherwise I think it's pretty much fully functional from a Mac - everything seems to work OK anyway

There are small differences - e.g. when you hover over someone who's attending an event? On a Windows PC, it shows their BM ID... on a Mac, you have to click through to their profile to get it... but I tend to click anyway cos I'm a nosey moo

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 19/06/2009 08:03  

well thats a basic website design thing... it's called a tag. If your browser doesn't support that, then it's not a compliant web browser with internet standards (not Microsoft standards, but normal W3C standards). U get the long list of event pics because Firefox etc aren't capable of correctly displaying the tagging system with the other view. Only IE works I think

Update Reply
Matt @ 19/06/2009 08:59  

I see the tags on other sites when I hover over pics etc - just not on people attending events here, but I'm not bothered by it - it's just one of those things

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 19/06/2009 09:49  

Oh yeah - and the karma number thing... but I can cope without knowing that

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 19/06/2009 10:11  

not getting into the karma debate again !!! lol wanna,s

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/06/2009 10:37  

No debate - just describing what I can and can't get from a Mac on here

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 19/06/2009 10:43  

might not bother you so much... but it REALLY pee's me off as a web developer, that even when sticking to the standards - MACS dont bloody follow them! How am i supposed to write a reliable, multi-browser supporting website???

Update Reply
Matt @ 19/06/2009 15:22  

So Matt, will I still be able to access the site from the middle east when I have to go to work there?

Update Reply
lezg @ 23/06/2009 18:32  

yes indeed you can, but you must maintain your premium access status. Free accounts must be used within the UK (To stop spammers getting a free account and sending out spam with it)

Update Reply
Matt @ 23/06/2009 21:39  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email