MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

gsxr 600 srad carbs to ritch

gsxr 600 srad carbs to ritch - Forums [Biker Match] gsxr 600 srad carbs to ritch - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

gsxr 600 srad carbs to ritch

i have a gsxr 600 1998 srad i took the plugs out for a service yesterday to find they are all black and sooty,think this means that the bike is over fuled to much fule to air ratio? any one know how to turn down the fule/air ratio do i need any special tools to do this,ive had a good look round the carbs and cant find a any obviouse screw to addjust the intake

Update Reply
trev0r987 @ 15/06/2009 17:12  

I can hear the blankety blank theme tune lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 15/06/2009 17:16  

new to forum posting...got it sorted now ;P

Update Reply
trev0r987 @ 15/06/2009 17:19  

LOL I thought maybe you were being economical and using the title for the post. Not being technically minded I can't help with your query, have you not got a manual, won't that help; or are you like me, learn quicker by trial and error than trying to read one of those things? Maps I can fathom but manuals may as well be in Chinese.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 15/06/2009 17:28  

Hi trev. It all depends on how you were running the bike just before you turned it off. You have main jets and idle jets. the only way to prove your main jets is to do a plug chop.. Its probably sooty cuz you either left it ticking over in which case its a bit rich at idle or you turned it on for a couple of mins and switched it off again before it had a chance to warm up. You could take it for a session on a dyno. any problems would be picked up there.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 15/06/2009 19:03  

thanks for the advice..got the bike booked in at the local shop now its only running on 3 ..(bugger)

Update Reply
trev0r987 @ 20/06/2009 01:41  

yer i have a manual but the bikes are getting to complicated to fix by the road side mechanic ...more money to the MAN

Update Reply
trev0r987 @ 20/06/2009 01:44  

trev, alot of the decent suzuki dealers now have the suzuki yoshimura tuning machine, which sets the bike up via mapping i think, before i recently changing to a blackbird, i had a gsx 1400 05, the dealers in leamington set that up before i had it, and it ran like a dream, so maybe worth popping into a suzuki dealer and asking if they have the latest suzuki tuning equipment buddy, hope this helps

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/06/2009 06:53  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email