MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Police Officers Suspended

Police Officers Suspended (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Police Officers Suspended (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Police Officers Suspended

Maybe if he'd flashed you a couple of times, your friend would've realised that she'd not switched her lights on?! D'oh!

It's definitely the right thing to do though. I had someone flashing me like crazy and putting their indicator on, which I took to mean they wanted me to pull over... I did the same, found a garage to pull into and parked right by the cashier's window, figuring if anything happened, at least it'd be on camera.

Turned out to be a mate of mine, who was utterly gobsmacked when I slapped him for frightening the bejaysus out of me! But when you're alone in a car, late at night, you've got to consider your own safety above anything else and sadly, that includes assuming that someone following you and trying to get you to pull over poses a threat to you.

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 10/06/2009 22:42  

Wannabe this garage was CLOSED lol, no lights on the forecourt. (you'd have thunk she'd have realised then that her lights weren't on). I did tell my friend only to open the window a little. even when the lights were on there was no one home!

Update Reply
Sandi @ 10/06/2009 22:48  

Eeeek! No wonder you were bricking it!

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 10/06/2009 23:01  

Gotta agree wannabe,i was driving home alone in the early hours of the morning,pulled over for petrol and was followed out of the garage by a car with a couple of hairy heifers in it,when they were still right behind me after a couple of turns i sped up a bit,i mean these guys were big.The faster i went,the faster they went until i was nearly home and it was time to bite the bullet.Not wanting to lead them home(i had a teenage daughter!!) things kinda went into sweeny mode.I kinda screeched/swerved/skidded to a stop and by the time they had jumped out their car i had a baseball in my hand and that was when they produced warrant cards!!! I was absolutely raging,they had put the fear of god into me.They were human about it all in the end tho and i never put in a complaint and they didn't bring any charges.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/06/2009 23:09  

just a good idea for ya ladies, if you think someone is following you, always when you pull up at lights/junctions etc leave a full cars distance between you and the car in front, so if you do see someone getting out of the car behind, you can manouver out of the line of traffic and go !!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/06/2009 23:21  

Good idea for the gents too Ian - it also helps when the plonker in front first stalls, then floods the engine trying to restart!

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 10/06/2009 23:34  

Point taken ! unmarked cop cars should not be used for minor traffic violations anyway , especially at night and where woman are concerned .

Update Reply
excalibur @ 11/06/2009 10:02  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email