MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Average Speed Cameras

Average Speed Cameras - Forums [Biker Match] Average Speed Cameras - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Average Speed Cameras

Drivin down the road today past birmingham, got caught up in the roadworks - average speed cameras. Has anyone actually ever been nabbed for speeding by average speed cameras??? I'm always doing more than i should, and never a word???

Update Reply
madasthecat @ 07/05/2009 19:38  

If the average speed cameras near you are the same as the ones on the A1 at Wetherby, don't worry. They are set up to photograph front number plates. That's great for anyone on a bike.

Update Reply
timhall @ 07/05/2009 21:34  

If I had to have speed cameras at all, I'd rather have the average speed one, so at least you won't collect three points for an overtake of a vehcile travelling at, say, 69mph.
Depends as ever on what speed they're actually set at.

Update Reply
Wills @ 07/05/2009 21:53  

Wast there a guy done for taking both hands off the wheel and sticking one finger up on each hand at them? Apparently did him for "Due care and attention". Think they are sometimes monitored, but would guess its hard to catch a bike. I always slow down for them, but if they aint facing backwards, do we need to?

Update Reply
Newkid @ 08/05/2009 19:41  

*Wast there a guy done for taking both hands off the wheel and sticking one finger up on each hand at them? Apparently did him for "Due care and attention".*

Well if he's daft enough to do that on camera he deserves to get nicked - plank!

Update Reply
Dragon13 @ 09/05/2009 12:25  

I've just done that stretch of road today... I noticed a number of rear facing cameras, which are not the average speed cameras but just for monitoring. There's also some cctv style cameras there.

I'd suggest that although the average cameras can't see your number plate, lots of other stuff can, and if they've got then time synch'ed and you were doing something stupid, they could get you.

As ever, stay within the law and you have nothing to worry about :-)

Update Reply
Bandit_Mr_P @ 10/05/2009 17:19  

they are all forward facing camera's there so no they cant see your plate..but do bear in mind there are an awful lot of un marked cars working that stretch of road as well..so just be warned i always go through there at the proper speed

Update Reply
meza95 @ 10/05/2009 19:44  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email