MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

New Motorcycle Test

New Motorcycle Test - Forums [Biker Match] New Motorcycle Test - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

New Motorcycle Test

Just seen on the local news ( Calendar ).... The new test came into force today and at a the newly purpose built test centre in Rotherham, out of 4 tests today, 2 failed and 2 came off their bikes!! One of them suffered 2 breaks in his arm, and is in hospital!! Quote from his instructor, who wasn't very happy.. " How can they say this new test is safer?" Admittedly it was raining and may have been a bit slippy, but that shouldn't have made any difference......

Update Reply
Karey @ 27/04/2009 22:38  

thought it wasn't supposed to come in till 29th?.also - that's what Glynn said - from Mine & kaz's CBT instructor - that he knew a few instructors that had actually wrote their bike's off doing some of the set pieces!!

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 27/04/2009 22:42  

Would I be correct in assuming that all learners will have to make their way to Rotherham until they build new centres all over the country? 4 tests in a day? it will take forever at that rate lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 27/04/2009 22:47  

I dunno about the 29th Stella..but they def said on Calendar that the new test came in today. Yeh Glynn and Dave ( the owner ) both said the new test was dangerous and the speeds and disciplines were proving difficult for the instructors... but it looks like its here to stay, they're not gonna go back on it now. Kwak.. i presume so.. great ..eh? :o(

Update Reply
Karey @ 27/04/2009 22:55  

yep that's right Kwak - the only test centre in the North is at Rotherham at the moment!..although that's only for the first part of the test - you may still be able to take the road part of the test at your local test centre..although Barnsley has now closed down (to bikes that is)

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 27/04/2009 22:57  

Its so bad that we have to commute long distances now to the test centres so they can assess us on as to whether we are riding to a standard acceptible on the road. Seems a great mockerey to me. Especially when you have to commute miles to take the test. If we fail out test does that mean we are not to an approved riding standard? So is it not stupid having all us learners that do not have a successful test made to ride great distances home again! feeling upset and full of nerves? It could be so dangerous as we would be feeling incompetant after failing anyhow. The price has also gone up and goes up again in October I think on both parts. Thats a 30percent increase in the test in a few months darn rude I think. Oh I hate some of these govermental dickheads full of useless ideas It would be good to hear some views on how the new test went if anyone takes one on here also how it compares to the old test. Lin x

Update Reply
moonstone @ 27/04/2009 23:05  

Barnsley has now closed down (to bikes that is) what?!! Why?!! there was no way (if I was still going to put in for my test) that I'd go to Halifax again. The examiner there was a right male bitch. I dunno what I did to upset him but he was snotty with me right from the off and as for testing ME I reckon he should be tested again, because he didn't give me any follow-on instruction I was forced to STOP at a GIVE WAY sign; and that was only 2 minutes into the test.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 27/04/2009 23:05  

I rode for 3 years, all year round even in the rain and never had an accident but I failed the practical test 4 times. (Nerves) If we aren't up to test standard, therefore not fit to pass, why do they let us have a CBT which allows us to ride on the road unsupervised? (and they tell us it's for safety sake, yea right!! nothing to do with raising money then? Passes soap box on ....

Update Reply
Sandi @ 27/04/2009 23:10  

Has the car test been changed as well

Update Reply
micksaway @ 27/04/2009 23:13  

Don't give the government ideas Mick lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 27/04/2009 23:18  

I say everyone should pass a bike test and ride a bike before a car just to learn observation skills! what do you think? Lin

Update Reply
moonstone @ 27/04/2009 23:22  

Not everyone would be comfortable actually riding a bike but a simulated bike ride is different and perhaps every road user should have a go on one of those?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 27/04/2009 23:26  

I have advocated for many years that ba compulsory period on 2 wheels should be introduced in this country. That way all road users would learn to read the road and the conditions. It would produce better car drivers and safer motoring all round. And those who dont make it?? We can only assume that controling a vehicle is not for them. Teres always public transport, and if more people had to use it then maybe it would improve?? Far too many cars on the road and far too many "dikeads" drivin em!! Motorcycles are part of the solution to congestion, not part of the problem. (steps down off soap box, gettin giddy now)

Update Reply
Emzed @ 27/04/2009 23:45  

well said !

Update Reply
Karey @ 28/04/2009 07:26  

Welcome to my world Em!

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 28/04/2009 10:56  

Ahem I think I've been here a while Geoff 25 years too long

Update Reply
Emzed @ 28/04/2009 11:26  

To right AM, think the governments for cars but against bikes! Cars are easier to police, create more revenue in taxes so more incline to let any dickead drive!

Ohh, and heaven forbid, they might actually like the bike and stick to it, if they have a go, .

Update Reply
Newkid @ 28/04/2009 11:40  

AM???

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/04/2009 16:03  

I thought that myself, I think he meant Em

Update Reply
Sandi @ 28/04/2009 16:07  

me too..

Update Reply
Karey @ 28/04/2009 16:08  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email