MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Fast

Fast (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Fast (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Fast

With so many graphic images thrown at us daily teecee,we stop taking any notice unless it has some kind of shock tactic.Another case in point is the ad about the wee boy killed by the speeding driver,unpleasant to watch and deeply disturbing for some i am sure,but undeniably thought provoking and more effective than previous anti speed campaigns.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/03/2009 14:47  

That's true cassie, and while I know it is important to get these messages across I still wonder about time and placement. Case in point... sitting down in cinema... about to watch some light hearted entertainment.. BAM!! Image of child being hit by car or person having a stroke.... anyway, now enjoy your film... I think this is what the dude was saying to an extent in Scary's original post about being bombarded by all this information whether you want to be or not. Yes, there are horrors in life that we have to confront but it is nice to escape from them now and again. We are all in the gutter but some of us prefer to look up at the stars... etc etc And I know that for life to be 'magical' anymore you have to stick your head in the sand and be ignorant of certain things... (with sex education for 6 year olds now, can anybody tell me the current 'age of innocence' ?) Anyhoo, at the very least this advert has got us (and many other people on other forums) talking about strokes, which is a good thing! ... and Kwak got to imagine naked people showering...

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 13/03/2009 15:57  

Ooh ooh - just discovered that there is a DVD called "Charley Says" which is a collection of 150 public information films from the 70s!! Might have a liitle trip to Amazon... *edit* just seen there are TWO volumes, that's over 300 clips!!

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 13/03/2009 16:04  

I always found it a little disturbing that this kid had this HUGE cat which walked around on it's back legs!

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 13/03/2009 16:41  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email