MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Bloody Brussels

Bloody Brussels - Forums [Biker Match] Bloody Brussels - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Bloody Brussels

NOISE LIMITERSNew noise legislation is about to be introduced that is likely to virtually destroy live music in the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">UK</st1:place></st1:country-region>. The government wish to consider it a legal requirement in the new tax year to introduce laws insisting anyone applying or re-applying for an entertainment licence must have a noise control device fitted to the venue. This will be the final nail in the coffin for pretty much ALL entertainment in the <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">UK</st1:place></st1:country-region> as the level at which these devices cut the power off is ridiculously low. Any venue that has one in use cannot have any electric music as the power is constantly being cut mid-song - and even loud applause at the end of a song can cut it. Venues are suffering enough as it is without being forced to go to the expense of fitting one of these damned things. Noise limiters are a menace to live music, and I expect this is the bright idea of some unelected suit in <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Brussels</st1:place></st1:City> that's never been to a gig in their life. Bloody politicians - why can't they all just ****** off and let us lead our lives? Please sign this petition, the cut-off date is Friday the 23rd January. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p> <o:p></o:p> <o:p> http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/NoNoiseControl/ <o:p></o:p> </o:p> Also please circulate to your friends.

Update Reply
Blueboy955i @ 17/01/2009 19:36  

All done n signed! Where would we be without our live bands n gigs,not to mention the 'bafflelessss Harley' ,have sent on to all me mates,the more the merrier,we hope!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/01/2009 20:16  

DING!...signed it

Update Reply
old red @ 17/01/2009 21:51  

WTFN all done

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/01/2009 00:26  

Signed xx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/01/2009 11:04  

done

Update Reply
sumodwarf @ 18/01/2009 11:13  

sama as that........ba***rds..........

Update Reply
Triumph_Sy @ 18/01/2009 16:26  

signed

Update Reply
Matt @ 18/01/2009 20:53  

Can anyone actually point me in the direction of this new legislation? I can't find it on a Google search - which isn't to say it doesn't exist, but I'd like to read exactly what it says. There isn't any reference to Brussels or the EU either in the on-line petition, BTW. Edit: It appears to be the Control of Noise at Work Regulations 2005, which came into effect for the music and entertainment industry in April last year. I've added my name to the petition in a spirit of mischief and anarchy, but to be honest I reckon a petition dated 2009 against rules formulated in 2005 will go straight into a Whitehall waste bin! http://www.hse.gov.uk/noise/regulations.htm

Update Reply
Wills @ 18/01/2009 21:49  

I think the idea of regulating the volume is to help save folks their hearing, (as opposed to spoiling folks' fun) thereby saving the cash-strapped NHS some dosh. My hearing is already impaired, from an early age due to an ear infection, so I know what it's like living without full hearing. Perhaps if people who organise the live music events were to offer ear defenders to those attending, that way individuals get to make their own choice and there won't be need for another dictated legal requirement.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 20/01/2009 17:07  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email