MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

abbreviations

abbreviations - Forums [Biker Match] abbreviations - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

abbreviations

pleeeeeeeese someone, tell me what all the abbreviations mean,, ya know PMSL and the ROM sumfin one, I haven't got a clue! Sorry folks, don't mean to be dim looks down at feet and shuffles a bit and hopes for enlightenment

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/12/2008 12:10  

Hi LC - if you do a google, you'll find there's a load of urban dictionarys around try urbandictionary.com it'll give you a meaning of all the abbreviations

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 16/12/2008 12:19  

THANKS i'll go have a look now!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/12/2008 12:22  

There's a HUGE list here of internet (& SMS) acronyms: www. netlingo.com/emailsh.cfm

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 16/12/2008 15:07  

Thanks WB I feel a bit foolish now,cos i've been told what a few of them mean and I feel stupid for not knowing

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/12/2008 15:25  

No need to feel foolish, lc!! Just a word of advice.. don't overuse them... But then, wtfdik?

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 16/12/2008 15:32  

Most definitely no need to feel foolish LC! It's a whole new language out there! Folk are always coming up with new abbreviations that you've never heard of... I just have a quick google to see if I can find it elsewhere - or ask 'em straight out. Then again... I'm the sort of person who punctuates text messages. *ahem*

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 16/12/2008 15:44  

...and LOL is not a form of punctuation!!

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 16/12/2008 16:26  

LOL used to be the only one I knew! TC. I'm learnin fast.. I figured that one out! ( chuckle)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/12/2008 16:53  

a friend of mine didnt know what LOL was, and he said "Stop saying Lots of Love to me!"

Update Reply
Matt @ 16/12/2008 17:12  

Ha Ha, LOL, OMG. WTF, AOL, LOL!!!!!!!!!! IIRC, DILLIGAF, FTW, HTTP!!!!!!!! And that's without all the military ones that seem to lurk unnoticed in the conversation until someoen actually asks. OMG my CO went AWOL with the GI from the QMs!!! Quick, RV at the FOB with the MPs and an RT. We'll join CQB ASAP while the RAF S&C the LZ......... At least that lot makes some sense. I simply ignore anyone who texts me and cannot write. I suppose it's a bit harsh, but I don't have the time to try and guess which vowels they've omitted.... "Hllo wdy, hw r u? m gng shppng wv my m8s thn dwn pb 4 br. wnt 2 cm?"

Update Reply
ttaskmaster @ 16/12/2008 17:21  

Kwak sent me these good start Chat Room Abbreviations<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p> Obviously not all those I’ve listed will appear in the chat room, (or in private chat or forums) and some I haven’t listed may appear. <o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p> Emboldened ones are the most frequently used.<o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p> A <o:p></o:p> ATB All the best<o:p></o:p> AFK Away from keyboard<o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p> B <o:p></o:p> BRB Be right back<o:p></o:p> BBL Be back later<o:p></o:p> BBS Be back soon<o:p></o:p> BFN Bye for now<o:p></o:p> BTW By the way<o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p> C<o:p></o:p> CUL8R See you later<o:p></o:p> CHL8R Chat later<o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p> D<o:p></o:p> DYK? Do you know?<o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p> E<o:p></o:p> EOD End of discussion<o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p> F<o:p></o:p> F2F Face to face<o:p></o:p> FWIW For what it’s worth<o:p></o:p> FYI For your information<o:p></o:p> FFS For f*** sake<o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p> G<o:p></o:p> G&BIT Grin & bear it<o:p></o:p> G2G Got to go<o:p></o:p> GBH Great big hug<o:p></o:p> GOWI Get on with it <o:p></o:p> GR8 Great<o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p> H<o:p></o:p> HAG1 Have a good one<o:p></o:p> HAND Have a nice day<o:p></o:p> HIH Hope it helps<o:p></o:p> HSIK? How should I know?<o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p> I<o:p></o:p> IC I see<o:p></o:p> IDTT I dread to think OR I’ll drink to <o:p></o:p> that. <o:p></o:p> IJWTK I just want to know<o:p></o:p> IM Instant Message (same as PM)<o:p></o:p> IMO In my opinion<o:p></o:p> INPO In no particular order <o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p> J<o:p></o:p> JAM Just a minute<o:p></o:p> JIC Just in case<o:p></o:p> J/K Just kidding<o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p> <o:p> </o:p> KHYF Know how you feel<o:p></o:p> KIT Keep in touch<o:p></o:p> KUTGW keep up the good work<o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p> L<o:p></o:p> L8R Later<o:p></o:p> LOL Laughing out loud<o:p></o:p> LTNS Long time no see<o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p> M<o:p></o:p> MYOB Mind your own business<o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p> N<o:p></o:p> NE Any<o:p></o:p> NE1 Anyone<o:p></o:p> NOYB None of your business<o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p> O<o:p></o:p> OMG! Oh my god!<o:p></o:p> OTOH On the other hand<o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p> P<o:p></o:p> PM Private Message<o:p></o:p> PML Peeing myself laughing<o:p></o:p> PPL People<o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p> Q<o:p></o:p> Q Question<o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p> R<o:p></o:p> ROFL Rolling On Floor Laughing<o:p></o:p> ROFLMHO Rolling On Floor Laughing My Head Off<o:p></o:p> ROFPML Rolling On Floor Peeing <o:p></o:p> Myself Laughing<o:p></o:p> R U Are you<o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p> S<o:p></o:p> SOH Sense of humour <o:p></o:p> SOHF Sense of humour failure<o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p> T<o:p></o:p> TMI Too much information<o:p></o:p> TY Thank you <o:p></o:p> THX Thanks<o:p></o:p> THNX Thanks<o:p></o:p> Typo Typing error<o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p> U You<o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p> W<o:p></o:p> WB Welcome Back<o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p> X<o:p></o:p> XLNT Excellent<o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p> Y<o:p></o:p> YBS You’ll be sorry<o:p></o:p> Y? Why?<o:p></o:p> Y W You’re Welcome<o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p> <o:p> </o:p>

Update Reply
micksaway @ 16/12/2008 20:36  

PML Mick, nice to see you made use of my list. a tip for you, highlight the text and change it to BLACK, before you submit it. I know it's already black, but you have to change it to black for it NOT to show up WHITE

Update Reply
Sandi @ 16/12/2008 23:12  

Hey thanks for that Mick The "ROF" ones used to puzzle me... but now I know!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/12/2008 23:15  

Will you lot stick to english please. after all the site is a .co.uk not a .com

Update Reply
Phil @ 17/12/2008 14:18  

Tha wot PP? ah duz spake proppa English.. and I know when to use capitalisation) hehehe

Update Reply
Karey @ 17/12/2008 14:21  

think everyone should go back to writeing propley and useing pen and paper . its more personal when writen in your own hand . email and abbreviation just cheapen the english

Update Reply
firebladekid @ 17/12/2008 14:22  

Computers just confuse me Kwak why do they think for themselves and change things

Update Reply
micksaway @ 17/12/2008 18:46  

Was eine Last der Sheiße!!!!
Saugen Sie meine Pflaumen !!!

Update Reply
Oggy @ 19/12/2008 06:00  

I use such abbreviations as LOL and PMSL, but one thing that is annoying me recently, is the new trend to actually SAY these abbreviations ... You'll do or say something amusing and some very wierd person will say "lol!" ....... What??? Is our msn'ing and text'ing world taking over so much now that people can't even be bothered to laugh anymore?? Rant over. Saying this, whilst working at Leeds Council, a few of the guys and myself used to put the 'job code' TIO down on our timesheets quite a lot. No-one ever questioned it!!

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 19/12/2008 17:47  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email