MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Ermmmm....I've bought a bike!

Ermmmm....I've bought a bike! - Forums [Biker Match] Ermmmm....I've bought a bike! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Ermmmm....I've bought a bike!

After yesterdays less than stella performance on my CBT I had a rethink about what route I'm going to take to obtain my licence. I started looking on Ebay at the little bike I rode yesterday (Suzuki EN125) as I quite liked it and I happened across a Honda CG125 instead. These are ex training school bikes and I also happen to know one of the instructors who works there (the only reason I didn't go there for my training was it's 80 miles away). I'd seen on their website they were looking to sell some of their bikes but never even gave it a thought as I've been so fixated on doing my CBT, doing DAS and borrowing my Dad's GPZ500 but I'm neither good enough or strong enough to cope with a much heavier bike - yet. As these 4 CG125s only went on Ebay the day before, it seems like something is steering me down this path. I would say divine intervention but I'm not religious. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p> <o:p></o:p> So...I've bought one! It's advertised with free CBT training, which I'm going to take as training is training. I'm undecided whether to complete the CBT with my local school or just save my money. <o:p></o:p>If any of the girls on here are interested then if you search on Ebay for Honda CG125 and look for the one listed with free CBT. They've got crash bars and have been very well maintained.

Update Reply
Roachy @ 27/11/2008 09:07  

Good girl! Check you out Roachy!

Personally, I wouldn't worry about completing the CBT with the school you went to yesterday - just redo the complete thing with these people.

The costs in petrol won't be any greater than the additional costs of bike hire... PLUS... you know and trust one of the instructors there already.

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 27/11/2008 09:53  

WAY out of my price league at the mo... *sniffs*

Mind you - all spending's on hold in any case til I get an operation date, then I know how long I've got to save up enough money to pay the bills while I'm off. Or whether I'm going to have to strap myself up with more ruddy debt

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 27/11/2008 11:08  

Way to go Roachy! (an W - if u need any help strapping yerself up...)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/11/2008 11:13  

My money was on TM for that retort XK... dagnabbit! The BLAB Fund is trickling away faster than ever!

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 27/11/2008 11:15  

WAY out of my price league at the mo... *sniffs* Sorry about that WB, I wish you were closer...we could share.

Update Reply
Roachy @ 27/11/2008 11:22  

Aw shucks ta Roachy

Still... you know what'd happen...

"But it's MY turn!"
"No it isn't!"
"Yes it is!"
"Tisn't!"
"Tis!"
"It SO isn't!"
"Tis 'tis 'tis 'tis times a thousand!"

Then Oggy would demand we settle it with a jelly-wrestling session and it would all end in tears!

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 27/11/2008 11:30  

Then Oggy would demand we settle it with a jelly-wrestling session and it would all end in tears! PMSL @ that. Hmmmm...didn't they say they were looking for fund raising ideas for BM rally? Don't look at me, I'd only eat all the jelly!

Update Reply
Roachy @ 27/11/2008 12:01  

hey Congrats on buying the Bike Roachy have just read your updates re your CBT. I also had to go back for a 2nd day for my CBT (no extra charge) Once you get out on the road and start doing it for real though, it just sort of comes to you without you having to think about it too much...I did find that it's easier to use the rear brake first & then slowly pull in the front brake when stopping (don't know if that's correct or not, but it worked for me) However, having said that - if you read my post about my first attempt to get out on my bike, I seem to have 'forgotten' how to do it properly!

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 27/11/2008 12:09  

I would recommend both brakes together, with much more emphasis on the front. All on the back could induce a skid.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/11/2008 12:32  

Heyy Rachel !! just a kwikkie cos im ment to be workin...and XK will kick my arse!! WTG Girl!!!! thats brilliant! all yr 'proper' experience will begin now! Am reet pleased for u! Get out there and enjoy !! Looked at them on Ebay.. nice bikes... but outta my price range :o( jus a tad jealous at u and Stella :o( ..,,but genuinely chuffed to bits for u both!! :o) Lou, I got misen a model GSXR (only one they had) to put on my desk at work.. every time i want to spend on summat i dont need.. i just look at it and remind misen ..i AM saving for a bike!! lol xx

Update Reply
Karey @ 27/11/2008 12:57  

Now, now Kaz - u knows I don't do kickin, I only do 's

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/11/2008 13:17  

ahh yehhh soz XK..have a freebie on me

Update Reply
Karey @ 27/11/2008 14:18  

Thanks guys, you lot are just wicked. Kaz, once I've got it, if you want to meet up at Geoff's at some point and have a go on the bit of tarmac on the field over the road, you're more than welcome. I know it won't be any substitute for your own bike but the offer is there. I'm sure Geoff won't mind instructing us both either.

Update Reply
Roachy @ 27/11/2008 17:53  

Hey Rachel, thats a lovely gesture..thank u Will bear that in mind.... but u mite not wanna let anyone on it once yve got it ! hehe x

Update Reply
Karey @ 27/11/2008 19:45  

Congratulations on the purchase of yer first motorsickle!... Hope you have many happy miles n smiles together:o)

Update Reply
Triumph_Sy @ 27/11/2008 19:53  

Don't I get a say in this??? lol!! Seriously Kaz, you are welcome anytime hun. I'd be happy to help you as well as Roachy

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 27/11/2008 20:15  

You certainly dont do things by halves girl. Best way with bikes go with your heart not your head

Update Reply
micksaway @ 27/11/2008 20:39  

lol @ Mick :o) Thanks Geoff thats good of u. Will let Rachel get her bike and enjoy it herself tho...see how it goes. The weathers on the turn so mite not get much opporutunity to get out on it much now anyway.

Update Reply
Karey @ 27/11/2008 20:51  

I've tried to post a message twice now and lost it....not happy. In a nut shell, paid for my bike and due to a couple of cockups meaning the payment was delayed I discovered I had a voucher from ebay for 15% (up to a max of £100) so I ended up getting £100 off my bike!! YAY!! CBT is booked for next Friday and my friend is going to deliver the bike in the school's van after. He's also confident he'll get me riding and I will get my CBT by the end of the day.

Update Reply
Roachy @ 28/11/2008 20:23  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email