MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

I'm Very Well Thank You -)

I'm Very Well Thank You -) - Forums [Biker Match] I'm Very Well Thank You -) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

I'm Very Well Thank You -)

I’m Very Well Thank You <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p> There is nothing the matter with me,<o:p></o:p> I’m as healthy as I can be<o:p></o:p> I have arthritis in both knees,<o:p></o:p> And when I talk – I talk with a wheeze <o:p></o:p>My pulse is weak, and my blood is thin,<o:p></o:p> But – I’m awfully well for the shape I’m in <o:p></o:p>Arch supports I have for my feet,<o:p></o:p> Or I wouldn’t be able to be out on the street <o:p></o:p>Sleep is denied me night after night,<o:p></o:p> But every morning I find I’m alright<o:p></o:p> My memory is failing, my head’s in a spin<o:p></o:p> But – I’m awfully well for the shape I’m in The moral is this – as my tale I unfold,<o:p></o:p> That for you and me who are getting old<o:p></o:p> It’s better to say ’I’m fine’ with a grin,<o:p></o:p> Than to let folk know the shape we are in <o:p></o:p>How do I know that my youth is all spent?<o:p></o:p> Well, my ‘get up and go’ has got up and went But I really don’t mind when I think with a grin,<o:p></o:p> Of all the grand places my ‘got up’ has bin Old age is golden I’ve heard it said,<o:p></o:p> But sometimes I wonder as I get into bed<o:p></o:p> With my ears in a drawer, my teeth in a cup,<o:p></o:p> My spec’s on a table until I get up ‘Fore sleep overtakes me I say to myself,<o:p></o:p> Is there anything else I could lay on the shelf?<o:p></o:p> When I was young my slippers were red,<o:p></o:p> I could kick my heels right over my head <o:p></o:p> When I was older my slippers were blue,<o:p></o:p> But I could still dance the whole night through<o:p></o:p> Now I am old my slippers are black,<o:p></o:p> I walk to the shop and puff my way back <o:p></o:p> I get up each morning and dust off my wits,<o:p></o:p> And pick up the paper to read the ‘obit’s’<o:p></o:p> If my name is still missing I know I’m not dead,<o:p></o:p> And so I have breakfast – and go back to bed. <o:p></o:p><o:p> </o:p> <o:p>Author unknown</o:p> <o:p></o:p>

Update Reply
Sandi @ 23/11/2008 04:24  

I've had that ditty for a long time but as I get older I'm finding it more and more appropriate

Update Reply
Sandi @ 23/11/2008 04:28  

nice one Kwak.

Update Reply
Di @ 23/11/2008 08:45  

hehehe.... good one Kwak..

Update Reply
Karey @ 23/11/2008 09:16  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email