MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

Custard?

Custard? - Forums [Biker Match] Custard? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

Custard?

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p> Kit maker Racer is unveiling the first motorbike jacket to feature custard-like body armour at the EICMA show in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Milan</st1:place></st1:City> next week. <o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p> The new armour makes jackets less bulky than those with traditional armour<o:p></o:p> The CE-approved armour is made by d3o Lab. It’s like custard during normal riding, but hardens on impact to give the same protection as regular armour. <o:p></o:p> There are six jackets in the range, which are all waterproof and have thermal linings. The £307 Unique, £347 Loyd, and £347 Carlita are made from abrasion-resistant textile. The £290 Forward and £290 Trapper are made from Cordura, and the £476 Eight is made from leather.<o:p></o:p> All jackets come in sizes M-2XL except the Carlita, which comes in S-L.<o:p></o:p> For more info go to www . racermoto . com <o:p></o:p> What with knees like jelly, with excitement at seeing our 'next' bike, and brakes like sponge, now custard armour, isn't it all getting a TRIFLE silly? *I'll get my own coat*

Update Reply
Sandi @ 28/10/2008 21:27  

ROFL! D'oh!

*retracts wink*

;o)

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 28/10/2008 21:29  

retracts? How the eck does one retract a wink? Turn your eyelid inside out? lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 28/10/2008 21:31  

Sheesh, Kwak... there is no need to belittle such a fantastic invention... I bet there are 'hundreds and thousands' who will be buying these jackets!

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 28/10/2008 21:35  

Ooh ooh - can you only wear the jackets on roads that are 'desserted'??

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 28/10/2008 21:37  

.. and if someone s you off, do you flick them the Birds?

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 28/10/2008 21:38  

Ok... I'm done....

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 28/10/2008 21:39  

Bragging again TeeCee? (custard) tart! PML @ hundreds and thousands

Update Reply
Sandi @ 28/10/2008 22:00  

for u all lol

Update Reply
nina @ 23/03/2009 08:21  

Hi All *waves* .I saw these suits on a bike/gadget show and they are soooo coool.I have no doubt that thousands will be sold.They showed the rider travelling at no silly speed and then crashing into a car,and the suit puffing up directly on impact,brilliant.He did look like The Michellin Man as every pocket of 'custard' squidged up but he wasn't even bruised.However,the bike did look a bit worse for wear.Padded suits for bikes in the future

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/03/2009 08:39  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email