MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Financial Crisis

Financial Crisis (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Financial Crisis (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Financial Crisis

Soz, didn't mean to post that twice... Thanks TC, appreciate that.

Update Reply
Triumph_Sy @ 25/09/2008 12:30  

another aspect of this is that even if you are doing ok ish, mortgage nearly paid etc then your kids cant afford to leave home so you are stuck with the buggers and still subsidising them at some level and you cant economise much to absorb all of the increases

Update Reply
julie j @ 25/09/2008 12:54  

Send the little buggers up t' chimney in those big ouses you loook after J lol Same hear A out of work again lol ah well at least my house is a council house so rent will be payed.

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 25/09/2008 14:26  

Best of luck to you too, HR! Let's hope it is not for long...

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 25/09/2008 14:35  

Me too (out of work) - p'haps we should ask Matt for a sub concession? C'mon Matt - giv us a break.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/09/2008 14:57  

haha, then I'll have to pay for everythin myself! Money is tight for me too u no lol, hence this topic. Regarding the 10x salary thing. I bought a place for just under 60k - crap house in a crap area. I managed to get 4.5x my crappy police staff salary to pay for it from Northern Rock. Was a crap place, but best financial move ive ever made (At 18).

Update Reply
Matt @ 25/09/2008 16:01  

Mine was £52K, bought with my sister 17 years ago... when she left to move in with a boyfriend a couple of years later, I had to keep her name on the house because they wouldn't let me have the mortgage solely in my name as my salary was so rubbish... Eventually she wanted to buy again and the only way I could get them to allow her name to come off the mortgage was by having my Dad act as Guarantor.

It seemed a struggle to me at the time, (I had to get part time work on top of my full time job in order to make the ends meet after she left) but it's nothing in comparison to what people starting out today have to contend with.

If rents were fair, it wouldn't be so bad, but they ain't. You're stuffed whichever way you turn.

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 25/09/2008 16:13  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email