MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Site Freezing

Site Freezing  - Forums [Biker Match] Site Freezing  - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Site Freezing

The site has been going slow the last couple of days and this afternoon I was frozen out of the chat room, as were others. This evening while reading the posts folk were being frozen out of the chat room, even RC, who is a chat room administrator. I also got an SQL error message, which isn't good news. Anyone know what's happening? Is Matt working on something in the background, like how to link *sat nav to the website so he can keep in touch without getting lost? *on the Europe Tour

Update Reply
Sandi @ 01/09/2008 17:10  

I keep getting logged off. 6 times last night. What's going on?

Update Reply
SP @ 01/09/2008 17:16  

SP did you submit a report to Matt? If not would you please do that?, when it happens, let him have ALL the details, time it happened what you were doing E.G. posting a message, chatting etc, word-for-word the error message (just copy and paste it) that way Matt may be able to work out what's wrong. If folk have problems but don't tell him he won't know and he may not be able to sort it without details. Cheers

Update Reply
Sandi @ 01/09/2008 17:25  

ENABLE COOKIES! You should never be logged off. Even if the server has problems and you loose your session, it will automatically log you in if you HAVE COOKIES ENABLED. Only staff should be presented with the login page on a regular basis, and that's for security reasons. Everyone else should have a cookie on their PC with some basic details in that the site uses to auto-login from that PC. And if you got logged off 6 times, that means the site did indeed have problems and that the application pool on the iis server was restarted for some reason. If you had cookies enabled you wouldn't get prompted to login again (Same goes for those who think they're being kicked out of the chatroom - ENABLE COOKIES!). The site has been running a little slow lately, because we now have around 3,000 visitors online at any one time (Whereas it used to be around 1,000). I will be getting a new server cluster setup after the europe-trip next week (Though I'm waiting for the data-line to be installed first, then i've gotta do testing etc with the servers so its gonna be a couple of months).

Update Reply
Matt @ 02/09/2008 12:38  

yeah bud, i had the same sort of problems talking with Kwak the other day on chat and i think ventrider was in there all three of us lost the chat the screen on the chat page went blank, i just closed it and then re entered chat and it cleared it up no probs. but so far it only happened the once. that i have seen

Update Reply
Blitz @ 02/09/2008 15:59  

I will be getting a new server cluster setup

*nods wisely as if she has the first clue what Matt's talking about*

Good work. Keep it up. & all that.

;o)

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 02/09/2008 17:11  

wots cookies?..enable cookies?..av em enabled? where are they? and more

Update Reply
old red @ 02/09/2008 18:12  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email