MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

Raptor Blues

Raptor Blues - Forums [Biker Match] Raptor Blues - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

Raptor Blues

My 06 Raptor 1000 is runnin ruff its on 1 cyl at tickover sometimes 2 and backfires through exhaust on slight throttle but fine when given some stick does anyone know wot could be wrong is this a common thing wiv these bikes ?

Update Reply
boldilocks @ 18/08/2008 11:53  

Do you have a hole in the exhaust perhaps? Is your air filter properly seated and secured? Has anything (on the bike) been replaced/fiddled with lately?

Update Reply
ttaskmaster @ 18/08/2008 12:11  

Have you checked anything yet? Might be worth having a look at the plugs/plug leads...

Update Reply
mat750 @ 18/08/2008 12:14  

i must ask ! is it the same cylinder that misfires every time it happens ??? ,sounds like a trip 2 the vets .

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/08/2008 13:41  

Fanx for the advise guys its booked in this morning to be looked at will let you know the outcome.

Update Reply
boldilocks @ 19/08/2008 02:43  

Hi peep just to let you know the raptor is running sweet again now it was just a loose plug cap on the rear cylinder phew i was sweating a bit i was thinking allsorts and poss even avin to sell my daughter to sort it ha ha in the end it was just one and a half hours labour which came to 45 quid. Thanks to all that wrote in wiv advice. Can anyone tell me what TDM900s are like cuz i am choppin in the Raptor for one in two weeks and hope i av done the right thing ? Cheers Boldilocks.

Update Reply
boldilocks @ 20/08/2008 08:34  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email