MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

not really bike related but if you could spare 2mins u'd understand

not really bike related but if you could spare 2mins u'd understand - Forums [Biker Match] not really bike related but if you could spare 2mins u'd understand - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

not really bike related but if you could spare 2mins u'd understand

check this link Can you take a look and sign this petition. www.pop-campaign.co.uk Reality of what life can be like on the doors!And the damage that can be done to normal poeple out to enjoy them selfs http://www.pop-campaign.co.uk/ there is some stocking pics on here of just wot damage can be done in my line of work or while you are out enjoying your self!it only needs two mins off your time so please give it a look!ive seen the damage 1st hand as a guy i worked with was on the reciving end one night!he got bottled in the head 5times and had 22 stiches could of been alot worse if his colleuge hadnt got there when he did! please sign as it could happen to anyone of us or someone we know

Update Reply
trikerchick @ 06/07/2008 12:05  

Hi trikerchick I remember this being in the headlines a few years back and similar petitions being raised then. The effects of 'glassing' or 'bottling' are devastating but you can't help thinking that if they are taken away they will just find another inanimate object to use (but maybe a blunt one and not something that will shatter and lacerate). It is a shame that we even have to consider this but in respect to all of the innocent people and families who have been affected by this I have added my name.

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 06/07/2008 12:41  

Nail on head unfortunately TC... Having spent much of the last 22 years working in pubs & clubs either behind the bar, on the door or DJ-ing, I've encountered rather more grief than I'd like to have done.

Thankfully I've never been seriously hurt, but I've seen plenty of nasty injuries... and prevented a few in my time.

The good thing about the smoking ban is no more heavy glass ashtrays, a frequent favourite of the thug intent on doing damage. But there are always chairs, tables, fire extinguishers and goodness knows what else readily available.

Without doubt though, the biggest change I have personally witnessed in the last 2 decades is the behaviour of women. Give me a couple of rugby players toe-to-toeing and I'll gladly step in to do what I can to defuse the situation (usually fairly successfully too) but if there's a bunch of women kicking off, I'm filled with trepidation about stepping in. They don't care WHAT they use to inflict damage on a perceived opponent and will readily pick up whatever's closest to hand to use as a weapon.

That said, the two occasions I came closest to being bottled myself were both at the hands of "men" (I use the term loosely).

I wish I had the answer...

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 06/07/2008 13:58  

i know glass bottles are just a single iteam to be used but every little helps! but i agree with you there give me the biggest guys in the world fighting each other over women any day!

Update Reply
trikerchick @ 07/07/2008 15:23  

this post is just one of the miriad of reasons why i chose to be tetotal u have my sympathies haveing to work with the fallout from alcohol and my thanks for doing a great and often thankless job when you all should be given medals

Update Reply
tj.zx6r @ 07/07/2008 16:17  

i to am teatotal!

Update Reply
trikerchick @ 09/07/2008 14:31  

A school friend was stabbed to death outside a club years back when he was working the door. Until then I had always thought that a fight outside the pub would end in a black eye or at worst broken nose. It really brought home to me how easily things can get out of hand and someone get seriously hurt or sadly in his case Killed. Anything that can be done to help must be a bonus.

Update Reply
micksaway @ 09/07/2008 14:57  

unfortunately the knobs around now adays think its big and hard to carry tools or pick things up like bottles to use on people for no real reason! gone are the days when poeple just used there person in a fight,hense why many doorstaff now wear stab vests and refuse to work one man doors

Update Reply
trikerchick @ 10/07/2008 13:40  

Had a chap on one of our training courses... off he toddled, feeling proud with his freshly signed certificate, got himself badged up with the local authority... didn't even make it to the end of his first shift before someone shot him dead :o(

RIP...

It was a drive-by, so I guess he was in the wrong place at the wrong time... as far as I'm aware the culprit was never caught.

& yet... on another occasion, a disgruntled punter returned to the club we had thrown him out of, armed with a samurai-type sword...

& what happened? Naff all.

According to the Police, they reckoned there wasn't much chance of a conviction because we didn't look like we were "scared" or feeling "threatened" by him.

WTF?!!!

There was CCTV evidence from the club and from the street cameras. He was identified. He also phoned me (duty number) and gave his name on an ansafone message during which he threatened my and others' lives...

It's a mad mad world... Since when did someone's reaction to seeing an offensive weapon being brandished at them dictate whether or not the person doing the brandishing should be convicted or not? Course we didn't look threatened... we were the other side of a reinforced door calling it in on the town-net to the duty Police...

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 10/07/2008 15:04  

The more I learn about this world, the less I want to be a part of it... Time to move even further from civilization, I think.

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 10/07/2008 15:16  

Thankfully those types of incidents are the exception and not the rule... but I hear you TC...

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 10/07/2008 15:39  

Trcikerchick have more than happily signed petition, disgusts me this c**p happens. TC agree this type of thing makes you want to go further away from civilisation. Puts you off even wanting to go out, gone are the days when you could go out and just enjoy yourself, now you leave a pub/club and find that your constantly watching those around you, just hoping you can get home in one piece, without incidents. Mind you saying that, working in Brixton during the day is just as nerve wracking at times, the amount of times i've been outside the building and seen the worst types of fights breaking out, the other week a butchers employee stabbed him at 10 in the morning and watching everyone just walking on by and doing nothing to try and help the man made me think how do we live like this, scary to think no-one seems to care about the value of life anymore. Massive praise to you guys covering the doors and trying to keep it safe for the genuine ones out there just wanting to enjoy their evenings.

Update Reply
tm0714 @ 11/07/2008 11:57  

i cant stand people who go out just to ruin someone elses night!thats why i do the job! i love the job you meet sum really nice people but on the other hand you have to deal with sum mega knobs!

Update Reply
trikerchick @ 11/07/2008 13:47  

Don't you just?! lol

I turfed a bloke out for getting a hard-on while I was searching him! (& attempting to thrust it in my face - creep!)... the lads reckoned I was a bit harsh and said "He's only human FFS!" Hehehehe!

I "retired" from the doors though... I started letting it get to me and was beginning to lose my patience and temper... that's when you start being a danger to yourself and others around you... total control required at all times ;o)

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 11/07/2008 13:53  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email