MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Announcing new events admins

Announcing new events admins - Forums [Biker Match] Announcing new events admins - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Announcing new events admins

I'd like to welcome mat750 and wiccan-one as our new events admins! Mat and wiccan will start as soon as possible and will be only managing the calendar at this stage. We hope to create a larger events team, and hopefully start to create our own events. If you'd like to be part of the team, please don't hesitate to contact myself directly via PM. Thanks again to you both, welcome aboard to staff team!

Update Reply
Matt @ 14/06/2008 10:29  

Welcome to the staff Matt and Wiccan Matt what do ya mean 'START to create our own events?' we already have been doing. The first gathering I attended was Rock Chick's birthday in April 2007, then the first B M gathering at Rivington Hall Barn was in July 2007, followed by the first one at Matlock Bath, organised by Graham, and since then we've had several B M gatherings.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 15/06/2008 03:56  

Welcome to the Madhouse, I mean team. Rigan

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 15/06/2008 05:18  

kwak u know i can't keep up with things happening here. Anyhow, im talking about maybe a big gatthering - like with our own bands arranged and food tents etc. Mozie was wanting to do this for BikeChat but we never had the member-base.... but now we have!

Update Reply
Matt @ 15/06/2008 09:10  

Thanks for the welcome! Good to be on board.... I think!!!! Have approved a couple today and will have a look at the others later this evening. Some days I will be about a lot and others I'll be popping in and out around work etc, but with a couple of us looking after events now it should run ok...! Any problems (or advice) please PM me! Leigh x

Update Reply
wiccan-one @ 15/06/2008 13:57  

Matt what do ya mean 'START to create our own events?' we already have been doing. The first gathering I attended was Rock Chick's birthday in April 2007, then the first B M gathering at Rivington Hall Barn was in July 2007, followed by the first one at Matlock Bath, organised by Graham, and since then we've had several B M gatherings Not to mention the Camping week ends. Then look at the camping week end I have gone to the trouble of organising at the end of June for the BM site, that had lots of names down until you said you couldn't make it Matt now people have pulled out, think you need to think long and hard before you start thinking of organising a big event, people will always say they will come then last minute let you down and when you have arranged a venue, a site, pitches and maybe a room for the entertainment it has to still be funded even if people let you down. Lucky for me I opened this up to another bike site I use and friends and I have managed to fill spaces of the people of here that couldn't even be bothered to let me know they weren't coming otherwise I would have lost a lot of money. Those that are still coming it will be great to meet you all and have a great time.

Update Reply
Cruiser gal @ 15/06/2008 16:46  

Hi all, I'd like to echo what Wiccan said, they say you can't please all the people all the time but we'll do our best! I don't know many people on here yet but it was good to see a few of you at the Vic today and I hope to get to know more of you soon. Mark (not Matt, there's only one Matt!!)

Update Reply
mat750 @ 15/06/2008 18:20  

It was great to meet you too Mark, even though I was slightly quiet due to my hangover!!

Update Reply
Scary @ 16/06/2008 08:30  

with a couple of us looking after events now it should run ok...! It ran ok before.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 16/06/2008 10:44  

Erm - Kwak i don't think she's saying it didn't! And Mark - yep there's only one me, aren't you all glad? lol. CG - good point. Maybe when we're a million-strong and taking over the world

Update Reply
Matt @ 16/06/2008 12:04  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email