MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Has any one been pulled along with a rope lol

Has any one been pulled along with a rope lol - Forums [Biker Match] Has any one been pulled along with a rope lol - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Has any one been pulled along with a rope lol

Just thinking about where to find a rope i have.When i remembered how lucky i was to be towed along by my Dad.
My Harley had broken down (again)and wouldn't start.He towed me from Chippenham to Melksham with the rope from his car to my handlebars.
Can't remember which way we went guess along the A350.Though it did seem faster than he said he'd go.
Thanks for the memory Dad no longer with me.

Update Reply
philgs1000 @ 26/02/2024 16:01  

I was towed once and never again, It was by my dad too with both of us on 125's

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 26/02/2024 17:30  

Haha just remembered i towed my brother on his Honda 750 up from Box up along hill on my bike.Poor thing it was a Honda MXT200 nice bike though.About 7 miles away.
Got him home to Melksham.
Thanks Ragnor for reminding me.
Yes never again but then again if stuck lol?

Did help him carry it up a floor or two when he lived in Bath in the top of one of those beautiful Georgian Houses there.He had the top flat.
When he sold it they had to carry it down and NO i didn't help that time.

Update Reply
philgs1000 @ 26/02/2024 20:31  

I held onto the passenger side door of my mates Rover SD1 while I sat on an old Matchless an old fella had given me. Going along a bumpy fenland drove I managed to get my thumb trapped between the door frame & the handle bars, after a few minutes everyone in the car heard the loud expletives I was aiming in their direction over the loud music & laughter.
My thumb was broken, can't recall how the drivers lip ended up bleeding 😅

Update Reply
Oggy @ 26/02/2024 20:37  

Seized the engine on my first 125 and was towed with rope for 4 or 5 miles by my dad in his car.
Panicked like hell when my front wheel went over the rope at a junction 🤦‍♂️ – Was then stopped by police car however as he had “never seen anyone stupid enough to do this” he couldn’t decide whether it was actually legal or not 🤣 – Explained we were only a few hundred yards from home so he just explained why he thought it was rather a silly ides and told us to get it home and be careful about it
Oh for the good old days!!!!!!!

Update Reply
Mister Pete - Optimist @ 27/02/2024 18:40  

i do believe that it was legal or is still possibly legal.
Not sure if i read some where that it was illegal in Germany?They do seem more sensible than us or they did do lol.
Yes quite scarry lol
Oggy that was a very nice car that you got pulled along by Rover SD1 where did it all go wrong for Rover?

Update Reply
philgs1000 @ 27/02/2024 20:37  

Philgs1000.
I've had the pleasure of owning three of them myself, oddly enough the second one was the same car that I was holding on to.
I'd say it was when BMW shut them down & our government did bugger all to stop it going under.

Update Reply
Oggy @ 27/02/2024 21:26  

When Honda teamed up with Rover the brits would annoy the Japanese by putting reject parts on the car to annoy them lol
My Dad worked for Avon Polymers at the time in quality control and told ne about it.Part of the Avon rubber group which included Avon tyres who have just shut their local factory.Not sure if the Avon name will disappear? Production i think will got to France but I'm not sure?
Yes one day i'm going to build a chop.
So are you a fenlander being that you live in Ely?Was born in Cambridge then moved to St Ives your way.Then down here to Wiltshire.

Update Reply
philgs1000 @ 28/02/2024 22:16  

I'm not a fenlander, I just live here.
Bit more peaceful than east London.
Although my plan is to go to Southern France when I can.

Update Reply
Oggy @ 29/02/2024 07:39  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email