MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

Hartside Cafe

Hartside Cafe - Forums [Biker Match] Hartside Cafe - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

Hartside Cafe

Anyone from the North end of the country knows about the Hartside Cafe.
Situated at the top of the challenging Hartside Pass it provided coffee and essential nutrients to all who passed. And as the road from Penrith to Alston over Hartside is one of the best rides in the country why wouldn't you?
Then tragically during the snow storms of the Beast from the East the Hartside cafe burned down. Legend has it the fire engines couldn't get there till a snow plough cleared a route.
After a few years, and several false starts, a new cafe is due to rise from the ashes. A planning application has been submitted and with a bit of luck it will be open by summer this year.

https://planningregister.westmorlandandfurness.gov.uk/Planning/Display/2023/1182/FPA

I doubt it will be open for the beginning of May, but I'll ensure at least on of my runs out goes past it for coming up to "May be Easter". With a bit of luck it will be a construction site.
I like construction sites 🙂

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 25/01/2024 08:17  

We could take some pics of our bikes next to it to claim first visitation rights for BM 👍

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 25/01/2024 09:49  

I imagine there will be hoards of bikers, cyclists and car nuts outside the heras fencing asking 'Is it ready yet?', 'Is it nearly ready yet?', 'What ya doing mister?', 'When you going finish?' and otherwise making a nuisance of themselves with the builders 😆

I expect the place will pay for itself in the first fortnight

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 25/01/2024 20:10  

Thanks for this, a place to visit for sure :)

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@54.7701936,-2.5510644,3a,75y,173.02h,74.23t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s8lJK4jiiSRZRZZHjgMG9Zw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?entry=ttu

Update Reply
N0rthy @ 28/01/2024 00:16  

Twas nice up there

Update Reply
havfun @ 28/01/2024 09:36  

Just up the road from me what is it you’d like to know about Hartside cafe or lack of one

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/01/2024 12:53  

I've just had another look at the above website, it's rarely I've seen this much love for a planning application 😍
I think approval is now a forgone conclusion, but you can offer your own support if you want to.
I like to see democracy working 🙂

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 31/01/2024 18:15  

maybe North end of your country lol, but it's that far North it's 3 hours South of me and I aint even a Notherner :)

Be good when it finally opens though as I used take a bimble down to it a few times over the summer so be good to start again.

Update Reply
madscots @ 13/02/2024 17:16  

Great road and what a view. It would be good to get a cuppa there.

Update Reply
parsonrussell @ 02/04/2024 09:12  

The consultation ends tomorrow, so you're going to be waiting a while longer for that cuppa.
Until then the Nook cafe on the A698 a few miles from Alston does good coffee and cake. 🙂

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 02/04/2024 21:16  

I think I've been to the Nook but Google Maps says it's on the A689😂

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 02/04/2024 21:32  

Dyslexic typing is an important component of fugrwe tours 🙂

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
I think I've been to the Nook but Google Maps says it's on the A689😂...

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 03/04/2024 08:20  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email