MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Fellow Fair Weather riders

Fellow Fair Weather riders - Forums [Biker Match] Fellow Fair Weather riders - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Fellow Fair Weather riders

Thought I'd start a general chat Meet some people ready for when the weather turns around 👌🏻.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/01/2024 20:43  

I'm getting cabin fever up here too. Once I see a patch of dry road outside the shed I'll have one of the bikes out 😁
It might be a while yet though

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 08/01/2024 20:52  

I did attempt one of the better looming days recently but last season has left my tyres a little shy of grip 😅 but I'm hoping to be back out around start of April (rain permitting)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/01/2024 21:14  

April 😳

I rode on December 31st 2023 and January 1st 2024...I couldn't imagine having 3 months off

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 09/01/2024 18:19  

I don't want to imagine that either, but it happens 😕
Today was dry, but f'in cold with lumpy water - so Scootie stayed in the warm.
If it's dry and 3° a bike comes out, but not before 😊

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 09/01/2024 21:05  

I haven't been on a bike since September last last year, & been told by surgeons not to attempt riding until at least late Spring.
I'm going stir crazy 😅

Update Reply
Oggy @ 10/01/2024 05:36  

That's a slightly different reason for not riding 🙄

Good luck for April 🏍️👍

Amici at Sandy should be starting their Wednesday nights then if you fancy a ride down? 😁

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 10/01/2024 05:43  

More likely the end of May, beginning of June.
Anyone going to the Soggy Moggy in September?

Update Reply
Oggy @ 10/01/2024 11:15  

I used to ride year round but these days I just can't stand being out in the cold plus my bike doesn't like wet roads either 🤣 but it gives me something to look forward to throughout the colder months 🙌🏻 I make exceptions sometimes but it has to be for a decent meet up if im slogging out in the cold months

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/01/2024 12:15  

I used to have '99 plate Tiger for winter use. Heated grips, gloves & a heated bodywarmer made a huge difference in enjoying the ride when it's cold.
I doubt I'll be doing much riding in the winter anymore though.

Update Reply
Oggy @ 11/01/2024 01:00  

Still use my bike for work every day bit of a problem at 03.30 this morning walk out the back door to be greeted with a nice shining cross head screw right in the center tread of the front tyre.
So I had too slum it in the car

Update Reply
JP @ 11/01/2024 11:01  

That's a sod JP. I've had one screw in my bike rear and two in my car over the last few years. I blame the trades vans sweeping out at the side of the road as all three happened within 200yds of home🙄
As a retired person I only use my bike for leisure but try to get out regularly...

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 12/01/2024 01:40  

Strom I feel that pain but also another reason I'm not keen on taking the bike to work all the engineers love to drop screws across the entire car park 🤦🏻

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/01/2024 20:01  

I've worked with engineers, they are all a bit screw-loose 😁

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Strom I feel that pain but also another reason I'm not keen on taking the bike to work all the engineers love to drop screws across the entire car park 🤦🏻...

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 12/01/2024 20:31  

That they are Steve and its slightly kore worrying with the aircraft engineers 😂

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/01/2024 11:34  

🤔
I'm an engineer.

Also I can confirm what Steve H said

Update Reply
Oggy @ 16/01/2024 06:58  

Hahaha 😆

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/01/2024 15:46  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email