MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Speaking

Speaking - Forums [Biker Match] Speaking - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Speaking

Does anyone speak to other people on here. Several people have visited my profile but no one has responded even when I send them a message

Update Reply
Lin b @ 04/10/2023 14:07  

People do chat on here but sadly there are some rude that don't reply, however please look at the PM's that you sent to see if its been opened. A ✔ for yes a ✖ for no.

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 04/10/2023 18:32  

I did ask on this forum as to how the system works. As a paid member, I can see and read messages as well as send them. I suspect non paying members are aware they have a message but cannot read it. Hence why a number of my messages go unread. A non paying member probably cannot send a message after viewing your profile. It is how it works on other sites but no one has responded to my message on the forum to confirm.

Update Reply
Busaflyer @ 05/10/2023 15:52  

I believe non paying members get 5 free messages but if you have a specific question it might be better to address it to Matt or one of the mods (such as Ragnar) as they might not read every individual forum post👍

To address the original post, I send a nod if I deliberately view somones profile but quite often profile views are accidents when reading posts from that individual

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 05/10/2023 16:27  

You're not the only one Lin b. My experience is similar. Recently sent numerous messages half of which haven't been read and the others didn't receive an acknowledgement. Disappointing but I suspect some members don't login very often and the others are possibly fake accounts.

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Does anyone speak to other people on here. Several people have visited my profile but no one has responded even when I send them a message...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/10/2023 21:04  

Non-respondants have to be chalked up to experience. There are numerous reasons people don't reply, not interested, too far away, ignorance or just want to surf the site.
There are, of course, inactive profiles which haven't been active for a while, ie not home due to working/biking etc or even no longer members and have moved on.
The admin team are very good at dispatching fake or scam accounts through diligence and by being notified by other members, very few survive more than a few hours I am glad to say.
To quote JP (cake monster extraordinaire), try to get along to some of the events that are organised by members or alternatively, try the chatroom to make acquaintences. That way you won't feel awkward about turning up to an event and not knowing anyone. Chatroom isn't as busy as it used to be but it is still there.

Update Reply
Double six @ 05/10/2023 21:37  

Hello, I'm new to this forum so I'm trying to find my way round it ( not very savvy with technical stuff 🤣 so you'll have to bear with me). Always available for a chat.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/10/2023 14:37  

You seem to be doing okay so far.. Welcome 🏍️👍

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 07/10/2023 19:49  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email