MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

My last year

My last year - Forums [Biker Match] My last year - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

My last year

Over the last year I've been so pissed off with being alone, I've wanted to end it all and kill myself, nobody wants to chat, nobody wants to be my friend, nobody wants to date me. I have gotten help and I'm ok now, I'm still pissed off with being alone, 😭😭😭😭. Thanks

Update Reply
HELLRAISER1357 @ 16/05/2023 23:48  

Ay Lad ya not on yer own there's a lot of blokes out there in the same boat , but we're not supposed to talk about it because it makes you look weak . As my Nieces tell me the right woman will come along when you least expect it . But as a wise man on this site told me taking up with a Lass just to ease the loneliness never works out .

Update Reply
Grumpy of the Seven @ 17/05/2023 05:37  

The best thing about being on your own is that you don't have to rely on anyone else 😁

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 17/05/2023 06:13  

Loneliness often leads to depression, and depression is the killer.
I'm pleased to hear you've got some help fella. Too many blokes try to be macho tough it out and when they break (and they do eventually) it's usually with catastrophic results.
I've just had a look at your profile, you say you ride pillion so I'm guessing you don't have your bike licence.
If that is the case your mission this year is to get that fixed. Go online and book yourself in with a riding school. Get licence. Get bike. Pack tent on the bike and come along to one of the BM camps, it won't fix your ills but it might be a step in the right direction.
With a bit of luck you'll be along somewhere late summer.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 17/05/2023 06:59  

Been there and done that myself, sitting in a pub on my own drinking myself into oblivion, going to the doc's to get anti-depression pills that didn't help too, but it started it the ball rolling to get cognitive behavioral therapy helped.

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 17/05/2023 07:20  

Steve H I don't ride a bike and probably never will, I like looking at Harleys and trikes but won't ever ride a trike, hopefully I'll find my lady in leathers......... hopefully not too late in life........I'm getting that way, I turn 45 on July 14th 😱

Update Reply
HELLRAISER1357 @ 17/05/2023 07:27  

After never being on a bike since I was 19, I did my CBT at 49 and on a 125, I am on my 3rd CBT for various reasons, but I enjoy being out and about. My late partner passed away just over 2 years ago, and the bike has been a lifesaver for me, never say never.

All the best and it will work out just keep the faith 👍

Update Reply
dynax @ 17/05/2023 08:13  

I hope it works out

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
After never being on a bike since I was 19, I did my CBT at 49 and on a 125, I am on my 3rd CBT for various reasons, but I enjoy being out and about. My late partner passed away just over 2 years ago,...

Update Reply
HELLRAISER1357 @ 17/05/2023 09:08  

You could join a local MCC, or even just venture down to some local bike meets and nights, there are plenty of biking related events taking place all over the country.

Here is good place to start https://www.thebikerguide.co.uk/

Update Reply
dynax @ 17/05/2023 09:25  

Ah don't dismiss the idea too quickly. At 45 you ain't old, you'll be one of the young 'uns! You also at the point in life where you can afford a bike and the insurance 🙂
But it's not compulsory, if biking isn't for you then so be it.

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Steve H I don't ride a bike and probably never will, I like looking at Harleys and trikes but won't ever ride a trike, hopefully I'll find my lady in leathers......... hopefully not too late in life.....

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 17/05/2023 13:08  

Hello H R, very brave of you to open up about your struggle, and so glad to know you're getting sorted, thank you for sharing.

Thanks to those who replied, such lovely, caring responses.

Aww such lovely people xx 🤗

Update Reply
Sandi @ 04/06/2023 23:39  

Whilst attending an event at the Ace Cafe yesterday I spoke to a very nice lady from Mental Health Motorcycle... Look them up on the Internet Hellraiser, it won't hurt to talk😊

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 05/06/2023 06:24  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email