MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Newbies Forum

Getting out there .

Getting out there .  - Forums [Biker Match] Getting out there .  - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Newbies Forum /

Getting out there .

Afternoon all ,
My biking mate of many years has just decided to pack up which is sad and was unexpected. So this leaves me wanting to still do EU and UK tours while I still can but not really wanting to go on my own. So I'm looking for a buddy , male or female who I have some things in common with who is prepared to join me. If you are female , a new soulmate would be great as I am on my own but that is not my main objective. I'm looking to take things steadier than your average Tour Company type trip , not pootle along by any means but give myself time to explore the places I visit off the bike for maybe a day or two. I have currently planned an 18 day trip to Southen Spain BUT.. do I do on my own or hopefully , do I have to !! I hope this chimes with someone , I will see. Tim

Update Reply
Caponord @ 12/02/2023 16:00  

Keep an eye on some of the BM meets and camps, Tim, maybe find like-minded souls there? Speaking for myself, we've already booked our trip to Spain/Portugal and for, anyone who hasn't already booked, the ferries are filling up and prices going up accordingly; and while an 18 day tour sounds grand, the most we can take off at any one time is a fortnight, we're not all comfy retirees (although there are a few).

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 12/02/2023 18:35  

Retire when i win lotery🙂🙂

Update Reply
havfun @ 27/02/2023 12:21  

Soo,I’m still not all that sure how it works on this site but anyways,I’m off to BonFest this bank holiday weekend. How do I like post so everyone on BM see’s it? Just wondering if any other members are going. Thanks cheers guys 🙂👍🏻

Update Reply
LakelandRider @ 23/04/2023 07:10  

It's easy. If there is an event on that interests you just add you name to the attendance list.
If it's a BM organised event (with a BM tag) it will be just BM people so you'll meet everyone one there.
If it's some other event just listed here in all probability you'll not meet any BM'ers unless you've arranged something through the forum.
You should be able to add the BonFest event to the event calendar, and then start a new thread in the forum to talk about it.
The BM tag is JUST for BM organised rides, camps etc not other events, such as the BonFest you have mentioned.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 23/04/2023 07:36  

Thanks for the info there Steve_H as a new member i was wandering how all this meetup stuff works as some of the posts ive looked at seem rather old. I guess the filter / search button is me friend here.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/04/2023 08:18  

The Llandovery (South Wales) is a good starter camp if you want to meet people, there is a separate thread on it somewhere.
You've missed my posh Northern scamper about the Hills, but it's only posh cos most folks stay in hotels - Easter camping up here is only for the clinically barking mad 🙂

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 27/04/2023 17:39  

Hello every member of this great group
I'm luisa , new to the house

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/04/2023 19:43  

Hi I'm Geoff 52 from Warrington. Would be nice to meet a female for friendship leading to a relationship. I love going out for rides on my bike, camping, rock, country music etc.

Update Reply
Geoff bfg @ 27/04/2023 22:06  

OMG..go alone. Truly more genuine adventure..when you stop you have to talk to locals..pick up a bit of the language..not sit next to your buddy being anti social and muttering in English..you dont need a silly camera..it will be emblazoned on your mind forever..

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/04/2023 22:50  

So true! Done a dew trips meself in Europe on/off the bikes. As you say when your on your own you have to talk to the locals and you meet some very interesting folks along the way that you may not have if you was with mates.

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
OMG..go alone. Truly more genuine adventure..when you stop you have to talk to locals..pick up a bit of the language..not sit next to your buddy being anti social and muttering in English..you dont ne...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/05/2023 07:56  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email