MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Pillion question

Pillion question - Forums [Biker Match] Pillion question - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Pillion question

Hi folks. As a female biker I've had occasion to take male pillions on my bike. I know its not all that common a sight. I kind of got to thinking.... why not? Besides obvious factors like size of pillion compared to rider, trust or ability of the rider etc but generally speaking what are peoples opinions on a guy riding pillion on a females bike? My question is 1) to the men folk, would you have a problem with riding on the back of a girls bike 2) to the lady folk who ride themselves, would you take a guy on the back of your bike?

Update Reply
Mandycbr @ 02/02/2023 20:46  

If we go out two-up it's usually on his bike and I'll be the pillion, but we did a trip from Scotland down to Cheltenham a few years ago on my bike and took turns riding/pillion. No issues with male/female 'roles', just me being least experienced at being the rider. Mind you, he drove a car back while I rode 😁.

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 02/02/2023 21:33  

I have no issues being pillion providing I know the rider and that goes for male and female riders. My life their hands and all that

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/02/2023 21:50  

Thats cool that your partner isnt too "macho" and is comfortable to ride pillion with you 🙂.

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
If we go out two-up it's usually on his bike and I'll be the pillion, but we did a trip from Scotland down to Cheltenham a few years ago on my bike and took turns riding/pillion. No issues with male/...

Update Reply
Mandycbr @ 03/02/2023 06:51  

I'm not comfortable being pillion on anyone's bike (but thats my control freak thing), but if I was in the back I wouldn't be concerned whether the rider was male, female or undecided.

I've never noticed any difference in riding ability between the sexes other than:
a) Women are often shorter and weaker so can struggle with tall and/or heavy bikes. Being of the more sensible side of the chromosomal divide women usually pick a bike that fits them.
b) Men often over estimate their ability (it's a testosterone thing) and end up in a hedge. Because of the 'knuckle scraping' gene this often leads to a new bigger/faster bike and a larger hole in the next hedge.

A contentious opinion I know...

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 03/02/2023 09:12  

I have fond memories of being a pillion to a lady friend on the back of a CX500 custom (Silver Wing? ) going to a bike show in Sheffield for my 30th birthday... Yes I have a long memory and apparently I am the worlds worst pillion but she got us there and back in one piece so I am all in favour😁👍

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 03/02/2023 14:50  

I'm willing to be pillion for anyone ... if after a few miles I didn't feel safe, we'd have a chat ... doesn't matter if male or female rider ..... I just need to feel safe & enjoy the view 🙂

I quite like the idea of geing able to swap rider & pillion on a trip out... would add to the experience.

Update Reply
Coffee n Cake @ 05/02/2023 14:58  

Great question Mandy.
I for one certainly wouldnt have a problem riding pillion on a females motorbike. In fact i have done before. I have fond memories of a summer spent in America. I was working in a bar and the lady who owned it was a fanitical biker. She had 12 motorbikes, everything from harleys to sportsbikes to dualsport/offroad machines. She used to give me a ride to and from work. I used to love the anticipation of which bike she'd arrive on when collecting me from my appartment. As a 19 year old, getting to ride on the back of an attractive and successful ladys motorbike certainly wasnt the worst experience in the world!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/02/2023 09:32  

That was a nice birthday present 😊.

Quote:
I have fond memories of being a pillion to a lady friend on the back of a CX500 custom (Silver Wing? ) going to a bike show in Sheffield for my 30th birthday... Yes I have a long memory and apparently...

Update Reply
Mandycbr @ 07/02/2023 10:19  

It certainly was and we're still friends 25 years on ...

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 07/02/2023 17:30  

Interesting topic, I’ve never ridden pillion on the back of a female but if offered the chance I’d try it, would be a new experience for me and could be fun 🤷🏻‍♂️😬 having said that she’d have to be a competent rider, also pretty strong to handle the additional weight, and change in handling dynamic. I know how different my bike feels when I have a pillion and they’re always much smaller than me, can’t be easy when your pillion is larger than you 🤔 But I have no gender bias so yes I’d be up for that 😳 would be kinda cool rocking up at the Ace as a pillion with a female rider 👌

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/02/2023 10:10  

True, the diffence in weight would be an issue. I suppose generally girls are smaller and not as strong so probably why its not all that common. Im not exactly petit so isnt too much of an issue for me unless the guy is very big 🙈.
That would be cool riding into the Ace on the back of a girls bike, definately turn some heads and get those double takes 😊

Quote:
Interesting topic, I’ve never ridden pillion on the back of a female but if offered the chance I’d try it, would be a new experience for me and could be fun 🤷🏻‍♂️😬 having said that she’d have to be...

Update Reply
Mandycbr @ 11/02/2023 09:41  

We’ll as I taken a drunk mate home on the back of my motorbike, ferried a group of mates both male and female to a country pub and have been pillion to a female rider in my youth I’d have to say yes but only if the riders ability was known by me.
Certainly never going on the back of my racer mate Chaz holding a rear wheel that needed realignment to Dunstall’s on the London south circular again 😱

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/02/2023 15:37  

I’d happily ride pillion regardless of the rider’s gender, provided the rider was comfortable with it.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/05/2023 06:56  

Good to hear there is guys whos ego isnt too big to ride on the back of a girls bike 😊

Update Reply
Mandycbr @ 01/06/2023 16:06  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email