MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

New electric Enfield

New electric Enfield - Forums [Biker Match] New electric Enfield - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

New electric Enfield

https://www.autocarpro.in/news/royal-enfield-teases-electric-bike-113421

This looks to be an interesting design, I like the juxtaposition of a modern electric drive train (*) with girder forks and a hint of 20s streamlining.
I expect it will be limited by range to cafe runs and commuting only, but that's all a lot of folks do anyway, so if Enfield can do their usual price point trick it might be a break through bike.

* And yes, I do know electric drive trains where popular before that new fangled infernal combustion engine got it's act together.

** Cousin Leroy shut up before you start on your "my sickle gotta have big cube, make noise" nonsense, we're talking about the future... 😁
Or is it the past rediscovered

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 24/11/2022 07:12  

Looks better than the other bikes on offer

Update Reply
JP @ 25/11/2022 05:21  

I should think their electric offering will have to be faster than the rest🤔

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 25/11/2022 06:20  

I like the look of the Maeving. The website states an 80 mile range but that is using 2 batteries, so realistically about 20-30 miles on a charge.

Update Reply
SlowGoose @ 20/12/2022 17:28  

I like the Maeving too. A bit pricey at £7k for a city runabout, albeit a cool one. There again folks use GSs, Harleys, MVs and Ferraris to get around the city so perhaps its not such a stupid price in the big scheme of things.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 21/12/2022 08:00  

The Maeving has a total payload of 119kg for rider and gear so I wont be getting one 🤣🤣🤣

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 23/12/2022 06:25  

How inspiring that the worlds oldest motorcycle company are looking at EVs. It would be fantastic to see a good value electric vehicle, even if it doesn't hit the market until 2025.

Update Reply
kazmcc95 @ 24/12/2022 21:12  

I think that the biggest problem, with electric vehicles in general, and electric bikes in particular, is range. As a Royal Enfield owner myself, and one who is on the REOC committee, I'd really like RE to succeed, but to date I've not seen an electric motorcycle at a reasonable price that has sufficient range for more than a relatively short daily commute. And your average biker (including me) cannot afford £20K to £30K for a bike, even if it has a claimed range of 200 miles (believe it when I see it) which some of the higher end ones say they can do. The electric Harley Livewire has a usable range of less that 100 miles at any reasonable speed. They claim 150 miles, but Jay Leno tested one and I think the range in normal mode was 86 miles. If you put it into performance mode, it was only just over 50 miles! Some work yet to be done on battery and motor technology, I think.

Update Reply
Beardiekeogh @ 03/01/2023 13:55  

Yes the electric motorcycle is miles behind (pardon the pun) any four wheel motor. Which is frightening when the powers that be are trying to push through net zero asap.
Motorsport plays an important part in future vehicle development and they're just starting to come to grips with e sport motors but still have a long way to go. So until they for one have conquered and developed the electrical vehicle we should have to wait longer.
Watching the recent documentary Long Way Up' with McGregor & Boarman on the Harley bespoke livewires indicated even more the infancy of electric motorcycle development.

Update Reply
yorkie mick @ 03/01/2023 16:55  

Battery powered Electric vehicles are only a stop gap until a sensible way of providing the electrical supply is developed. Extracting the tonnage of precious metals required to manufacture batteries is just as bad for the planet as current i/c engine fuels. On top of that, as previously mentioned, range is pathetic and until it is extended to 250 miles(2 wheels) 450 miles (4 wheels) with fill ups taking 10 minutes max (not a 3hr queue plus an hour a la Tesla) I for one won't be wasting my money...

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 03/01/2023 17:21  

Agree Strom. I watched a recent video about this and the amount of materials required for battery manufacture for all E vehicles is immense and mind-blowing. Plus the damage caused could be irreparable and alarming for our environment.
Unfortunately a lot people dismiss this, don't understand it and are blindfolded by the facts of the NetZero agenda. They don't consider anything but rather class this as a conspiracy theory.

Update Reply
yorkie mick @ 03/01/2023 18:11  

A guaranteed 250 mile range would good on any of my bikes. Theoretically the tenere can do it, but I'm not that brave, and I'd doubt scootie will do much over 160 miles.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 03/01/2023 18:17  

Get a Vstrom 650xt Steve.Guaranteed 260 miles, 300 if you're sensible, although I do brim the tank. If it drops below 60mpg you should have bought a sports bike 🤣🤣🤣

Of course there are no hills where I live so that could give me an advantage....

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 03/01/2023 21:16  

@Steve-H, my suggestion would be to brim Scootie and then throw a lit match onto it.

Update Reply
SlowGoose @ 20/01/2023 21:04  

Your just jealous cos Scootie has the hots for your Road Queen...

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
@Steve-H, my suggestion would be to brim Scootie and then throw a lit match onto it.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 21/01/2023 06:33  

Not the oldest, Peugeot are.

Quote:
How inspiring that the worlds oldest motorcycle company are looking at EVs. It would be fantastic to see a good value electric vehicle, even if it doesn't hit the market until 2025....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/03/2023 13:23  

I got to drive an electric Peugeot about 28 years ago from their then Coventry manufacturing plant.... coz I was working evenings in their call centre they sent us all to the plant to drive every model in their range

I agree totally about the disgraceful blindsiding that is taking place to sell the electric vehicles.... no mention at all of the damage to the earth and how many years realistically it takes to make the vehicle more first effective to the owner key some how bad it is for health to sit on top of lithium batteries for any length of time..... not good for human or earth health .... but good at spontaneous combustion 😂😂

Quote:
Not the oldest, Peugeot are.

Quote:
How inspiring that the worlds oldest motorcycle company are looking at EVs. It would be fantastic ...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/03/2023 21:00  

But there is Suzi, and it's from the top, but for some reason I can't fathom it's not being reported in the main press or discussed in forums.
I don't think it's a conspiracy thing, Occam's razor says it's more likely most people have the attention span of a goldfish and can't cope with anything complex 😁

https://www.bikermatch.co.uk/forum/posts.asp?topic_id=18163

Quote:
I agree totally about the disgraceful blindsiding that is taking place to sell the electric vehicles.... no mention at all of the damage to the earth and how many years realistically it takes to make the vehicle more first effective to the owner key some how bad it is for health to sit on top of lithium batteries for any length of time..... not good for human or earth health .... but good at spontaneous combustion 😂😂

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 14/03/2023 07:18  

ahhhh.....bravo they have seen sense!! thanks for that link Steve

Quote:
But there is Suzi, and it's from the top, but for some reason I can't fathom it's not being reported in the main press or discussed in forums.
I don't think it's a conspiracy thing, Occam's razor says...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/03/2023 16:31  

The old trams went forever on leci
Just have to wait for the overhead power lines
The put your power pickup stick up and your away
Job sorted

Update Reply
havfun @ 31/03/2023 16:26  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email