MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

GPS Trackers

GPS Trackers - Forums [Biker Match] GPS Trackers - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

GPS Trackers

Hi all, does anyone have a strong opinion about GPS trackers? Just upgraded to a Triumph Bonny and I'm thinking of getting one fitted. Are they worth the huge expense? I've heard the police don't often respond anyhow.. Any advice appreciated. A

Update Reply
Tungsten @ 22/10/2019 15:31  

Trouble with a tracker is there are not many places on a bike to hide them so as soon as its been found its chucked out of the van

Update Reply
JP @ 22/10/2019 18:09  

Hi mate ,rewire security I have them on all my bikes very easy to install and very small.i pay 46.00 a year to rewire for totall control instant maps and notifications movement and instant alarm.plus other features.i can even phone my bike and listen to people next to it.
Yes they can pull them off if they find them but as soon as my bike is rocked or moved I get a notify .I wouldn't want my bikes back if stolen but just want to shoot the bastards who steal them

Update Reply
stutts @ 22/10/2019 18:34  

Hi Sturt's let's get this right, is it £46 a year for all your bikes or for each bike and how much does it cost to buy the tracker for each bike

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 23/10/2019 05:56  

Each tracker is 46.00 per year on line
And I paid 52.00 for each tracker.
Well worth it .
It also logs all journeys,speed ,stops and starts,and various other things.

Update Reply
stutts @ 23/10/2019 17:17  

Stutts if I'm with you, I could tell you how many times we stop for coffee and I can even tell you how many times we will stop for coffee on our next ride out.

To bloody many. lol

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 24/10/2019 17:14  

It's called taking in the local scenery and not rushing to you're destination

Update Reply
stutts @ 24/10/2019 21:48  

It would be nice if the manufacturers could make one that you could put in the sump of your engine.

Update Reply
Burger14uk @ 25/10/2019 20:36  

I'd like one were you can have multiple bikes for one yearly fee

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 26/10/2019 11:05  

I've also done some research and you want one that also has an RF tracker aswell as a gps because a gps can be hidden putting it into a van or under a shelter.

Update Reply
Burger14uk @ 27/10/2019 00:44  

How does RF tracker work then

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 29/10/2019 01:23  

It's a radio frequency. It works on the Sam basis as aiming a tv arial to get the strongest picture.

Update Reply
Burger14uk @ 04/11/2019 00:06  

I'm not sure which tracker my daughter has but its monitored 24/7 for 365 days a year. Costs under £100 per year for monitoring. I can't remember how much I paid for it with installation but impressed with it and the service provided.

If it moves, without the necessary signals, it triggers a phone call to my daughter and to myself (as backup) to ascertain if the bike is being moved without knowledge/permission.

The company is really good, the original tracker failed, after quite a long period of time, it was replaced FOC with a brand new tracker, as it was still under warranty. The Tracker is brilliant at identifying whether its on water, road, or indeed on/in another vehicle etc.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 04/11/2019 13:57  

do you get a reduction from your insurance company for having a tracker ?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/11/2019 12:16  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email