MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

Remap Needed for Injection after Full Zorst Replacement

Remap Needed for Injection after Full Zorst Replacement - Forums [Biker Match] Remap Needed for Injection after Full Zorst Replacement - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

Remap Needed for Injection after Full Zorst Replacement

So I had replaced my stock Zorst on my XJ6 ( Aka FZ6R Fazer )
The stock Zorst had a cat , the replacement is straight through SS with baffler ( removable but left in )
Its a 2009 model , Injection . I have also changed the drivetrain ( larger front sprocket / smaller rear )

Now I notice the bike feels slightly 'suffocated' seems as though its slightly struggling for air . Also the top end is not as fast as it was with the older pipe .

The general consensus online suggests a remap , if you agree , is it hard to do yourself? I am a Techie by trade , so I think I could do it with the right module and software . I wondered with the price of the remapping modules , if I should just pay someone else to do it . I wondered what the price would be ?

Update Reply
90Ninety @ 06/09/2019 12:33  

A remap will probably cost a couple hundred quid and run up on a dyno to fine tune things. I put my 1400 on a dyno a few months ago and although not needed, I will be having mine remapped over the winter because when I bought the bike, after market exhaust was making popping and backfires after hard acceleration on the over run.

Update Reply
Double six @ 06/09/2019 13:05  

I have the same , lots of bangs and splutters , fun at first but getting a little irritating. Initial throttle seems to be too sudden/ hard ( almost sounds like it is flooding ) , seems like the throttle curve needs to be adjusted to allow a more progressive curve , for a less jerky feel .
Does anyone have any experience with DIY kits ? I get a bit of an ego kick out of doing things myself .

Update Reply
90Ninety @ 13/09/2019 11:43  

If you have the zzr1400 you will find it difficult as the "brain" is in an anti-tamper cage, but if you have the necessary software and the confidence then go for it.

Update Reply
Double six @ 13/09/2019 12:44  

There's only one way to do it properly, on a dyno.

When you reflash the ECU you can put a custom ignition curve on it, that will sort out the lean running down low that's required to pass the emissions testing.

Then tweak the AFR's and Bob's your dad's brother.

Update Reply
Cornholio @ 25/09/2019 16:20  

I had similar on my rocket. I fitted straight through collector (no cat) and immediately lost some torque mid range. Apparently, to do with harmonics/backpressure. Changing the baffle may smooth out the gaps at lower revs. Its a toss up between useable power across the range and Peak Horsepower. So do we like grunt or license loosing top end :)

Dyno would be good for full tune up but u may need a power commander for the dyno to plug into.

I was lucky in that there is a free tool for triumph to add new tunes. Maybe there is dedicated XJ6 site that can offer guidance.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/12/2019 16:05  

I'd say to anyone changing pipes or intake to get a power commander, dead easy to use, has for gearing up on the front and rear sprockets I would think your now way over geared, do you really need any more top speed and it will only kill acceleration I tried it on a Fireblade but found standard gearing best

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 31/12/2019 10:16  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email