MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

"Acoustic cameras"

"Acoustic cameras" - Forums [Biker Match] "Acoustic cameras" - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

"Acoustic cameras"

Just putting the finishing touches to some silencers I'm making for my Thruxton, and then had this on my news feed.
Grrrr!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48564995

Update Reply
invalid characters @ 08/06/2019 14:53  

It will be impossible to enforce. Noise is not measure like speed, there are too many factors to accurately measure noise. All noise is measured against back ground ambient noise, then there is distance and reflective surroundings. Add to this what happens if there 5 or 6 m/c’s riding in close formation? Why do they not spend money of sorting the road surfaces? After all smooth I damaged road surfaces are quiet.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/06/2019 15:57  

They would rather waste money then fix actual problems . most of the roads around older city's like York arent built for cars just horse and cart but instead of fixing the roads and addressing actual problems they ignore them and put money into things like speed ramps and that take the bottoms out of motors and cameras that will never work

Update Reply
sol396 @ 04/12/2019 13:53  

Hi sol I find the worst roads in England are in Hull, all the big wide roads are reduced to single lanes causing even more pollution but I'm going of track here, I can't see how the noise cams will work, how will they be able to pick out which vehicle is making the noise and prove it in court

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 08/12/2019 17:06  

I,ve just moved up this way Bill and compared to the roads in Birmingham these roads are luxurious.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/12/2019 19:57  

The original link was from June, this one is from last month that they are now being trialled near Loomies.

They wouldn't have put them on trial until they were quite sure most of the factors regarding evidence had been addressed I'm sure.
If the trials are a success then the "Cameras" become evidential and are therefore enforceable.

https://www.visordown.com/news/general/acoustic-cameras-are-being-trialled-uk-roads

Update Reply
invalid characters @ 11/12/2019 15:40  

I wouldn't worry too much. They won't be chasing "mildly fruity" on the open, empty road, they will be targeting the "irritatingly loud" in populated areas.
And if you come past mine at 5 in the morning with open pipes when I'm trying to sleep your getting all you deserve :-)

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 11/12/2019 19:41  

Totally 100% agree. Too many cocks on the roads disturbing decent folk for no reason. Noone minds a decent exhaust as long as it's not being wanky for the sake of being wanky.

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
I wouldn't worry too much. They won't be chasing "mildly fruity" on the open, empty road, they will be targeting the "irritatingly loud" in populated areas.
And if you come past mine at 5 in the morni...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/12/2019 20:00  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email