MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

Motorcycle Tecnician

Motorcycle Tecnician - Forums [Biker Match] Motorcycle Tecnician - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

Motorcycle Tecnician

Hi all

Does anybody know of any technicians, in the North, that have specific experience on motorbikes and electrics. Either mobile or where I can drop by.

Someone with Harley knowledge, as it is a small problem with my HD sportster.

Also in the North and preferable in and around the Yorkshire area. Would like to avoid the main HD dealers.

Thanks in advance

YM

Update Reply
yorkie mick @ 25/07/2018 18:28  

Whats wrong with it Mick ?

Update Reply
JP @ 25/07/2018 18:52  

Hi JP

The left hand nearside indicators, not working. Right offside's are okay. So presume it's not a fuse issue.

Think I've got some water/damp inside the console switch. Been told conflicting and numerous solutions. One been the console just needs opening up and the connections cleaning/with WD40.
Haven't looked myself, as I'm always busy. So wanted to drop in somewhere, or get a mobile mechanic to drop by. Maybe it's something else and more technical.

Also from a bit of tinterweb research, there's a chance it could be some sort of indicator sensor box, which I thinks under the side panel or seat ?

That just reminds me I know how to bring up error codes and the sequence to do it. So maybe an idea there, and something that could lead me to the problem ?

Need to get my finger out. Lol

YM

Update Reply
yorkie mick @ 25/07/2018 19:57  

I would start by checking the bulbs haven't blown then test power to the bulb holder then move on to the switch should take about 10 mins

Update Reply
JP @ 25/07/2018 20:20  

Bulbs are okay I think JP. Because now and again, they will work, on that left side and then pack in. But will double check anyway.

So leads me to think it's a connection or some silly Harley indicator module box 🤔🤔

Update Reply
yorkie mick @ 25/07/2018 20:40  

Bulbs can give intermitant faults. Never assume there ok as the filiments can move as power is put through them.

You need to test and remove them from the puzzle or its impossible to move on.

JP is quiet right start at the bulbs and move through the cuircit. 90% of faults on lights are a connection or bulb issue.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/07/2018 23:07  

Thanks Stuie for the confirmation/Info.

Bulb checking first, then move from that.

Cheers 👍👍😁😁

Update Reply
yorkie mick @ 26/07/2018 20:25  

Check its not an earth problem and the leads got a good connection

Update Reply
bmwkev @ 27/08/2018 15:23  

Thanks kev. Will do 👍😁

Update Reply
yorkie mick @ 28/08/2018 21:40  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email