MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

calling all artists and crafters

calling all artists and crafters - Forums [Biker Match] calling all artists and crafters - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

calling all artists and crafters

quite a few members have some amazing arts and crafts skills and a few of us have been talking about having our own BM craft fair. Anyone interested? We could do with someone who is great at organising too to get us started. Would love to hear peoples thoughts and ideas?

Update Reply
She11 @ 16/03/2018 12:28  

Hi Shell, count me in!! We will need to see how many are interested, find a location, a date that doesn't clash with other BM events or other fairs in the chosen area, think about how to advertise the event and initial cost!! I'll gladly help and advise but don't ask me to organise, can't arrange a p**s in a brewery, me!!

Update Reply
floydthebiker @ 16/03/2018 12:59  

Hello there , just read your message regarding a possible BM inspired Art/Craft event of some type... Please consider me as I would be more than happy to be involved in the venture.
Hope to find out more in due course.
Mark

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/03/2018 21:27  

Hi Shell, Artist here. I've done a few craft fairs as a participant - not organiser - and just off the top of my head the main things you need are a venue , publicity, and customers! Might be a bit too late to book for Easter fairs, Summer is usually a no go due to folks being on hols, so Autumn or Winter ( for Christmas) is a good time to hold one.
Tables - usually 3ft x 6ft for the crafters can vary between £30.00 to £60.00 per day per artist depending if you're in a church hall or stately home.
You'll need somewhere for artists to park close by to unload stuff, and if they've travelled a long way, some good cheap lodgings too.

This sounds a really good idea - looking forward to seeing/meeting other artists on here.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/03/2018 23:06  

For cheap lodgings try Airbnb, you can get a whole house/flat and share the costs. It works out cheaper than hotel rooms.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/03/2018 13:24  

Some very good suggestions thanks purple Betty n cornholio. We just need some more interest now

Update Reply
She11 @ 29/03/2018 20:00  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email