MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

bike dealers

bike dealers - Forums [Biker Match] bike dealers - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

bike dealers

do not buy a bike from budget bikes in swindon, there a rip off

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/02/2018 13:43  

Sadly Budget Bikes in Swindon have sold bikes that are less than "fit for purpose" on several occasions to the unsuspecting biker, but when informed that Trading standards were being notified that the bikes in question were not 'Fit for Purpose" when sold, they offered to rectify the problems to avoid any ramifications. The law quite clearly states under "The Consumer Rights Act 2015" "Fit for purpose The goods should be fit for the purpose they are supplied for, as well as any specific purpose you made known to the retailer before you agreed to buy the goods. " If you contact Trading Standards Swindon at Wat Tyler House, Beckhampton Street, Swindon, SN1 2JG 01793 466155 Im sure they will be more than happy to help. :)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/02/2018 20:55  

MV Agusta West Midlands, formerly Ducati Wolverhampton.
1st annual Service (4000 miles on clock). Charged £270 for oil, filter, ECU reflash and brake fluid change.
Asked them to investigate an occasional, but potentially dangerous fault whereby the engine would flare and the clutch engage rapidly when pulling away gently, resulting in two huge wheelies! Told it was "rider error" and then tried to explain to me how to pull away, so having over 30 years riding experience makes me a chimp! Since found out that it's a known and common fault with the electronic quickshifter and it should have been changed under warranty.
Afterwards, went to use the back brake to find that it didn't work at all. It worked fine when it went in. Did it myself in the end, properly.
Since found out that the same service at another MV dealer would have been £170.
Their standard of service was about on par with the local Mercedes dealers I've had the misfortune to use in the past.
In a word ****. Fill in the blanks!

Update Reply
NotPhilMitchell @ 25/02/2018 21:59  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email