MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

BikerMatch Version 2 - It's happening!

BikerMatch Version 2 - It's happening! (16) - Forums [Biker Match] BikerMatch Version 2 - It's happening! (16) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

BikerMatch Version 2 - It's happening!

Enter text here

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 08/10/2017 09:19  

Hey Matt just done it again, didn't need to try to create it. Opened a post window by using 'post reply' and clicked 'post reply' et voila! 

In full glorious nothingness ??
Oh and my smiley face, is the ?? ... To use a question of asked by one of my oldest mates "What's off on?"

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 08/10/2017 09:23  

Lindsay, do you see the green "Post Reply" button before you've even entered any text? It's not supposed to be visible until you enter at least 3 characters of text as a reply

Update Reply
Matt @ 08/10/2017 14:29  

Later this week I will have an iPhone so I can start doing some more testing on the profile issue. Then I can see instantly if my changes fix the issue or not.
Last night I tried to access my own profile on a friend's iPhone and it indeed failed. I don't even have so many photos!

Update Reply
Matt @ 08/10/2017 19:22  

ADDED: Edit your photo captions now on the new website.
Direct link: https://beta.bikermatch.co.uk/myaccount/edit-photos.asp

Note: Just taking your focus off the text box saves it. You don't need to press any buttons etc

Update Reply
Matt @ 08/10/2017 22:44  

Looking very modern Matt.

One comment, seen a few pages where a login is requested but the word ISNT a hyperlink to the login page...

Cheers - Frank

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/10/2017 00:11  

Well yes I'm getting the same as Catkins!! Keep getting that error message on cows n bulls also on the doubles game aswell but not all the time!! Ive been using my Samsung mobi!!

Update Reply
Roughrider02 @ 10/10/2017 00:58  

Guess the message would be ... 'stop playin games'

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 10/10/2017 13:20  

Now hey!! There are some of us on here who like playing the wordy games ME being one of them and just because other people don't there no need for anybody to tell people to stop something that they enjoy doing on the site,that post has peed me right off !!!

Update Reply
Roughrider02 @ 10/10/2017 14:32  

Oh dear, a silly comment, I'm in trouble again. Should have put a wink but was just finishing my lunch. C'est la vie.

Got the message loud n clear.

As for biccies, they save the day when needed!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 10/10/2017 19:19  

Matt, just tried the 'blank message' thing again n realised it's when I'm on the old site that I'm able to do it.

So does it really matter in the big scheme of things?

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 10/10/2017 20:18  

Will reply to all your messages soon.

In 10 minutes time I will turn on the new website on the www address.

I know there are some small issues to address still, but I want the new site online now.

If things don't go to plan, or if many people are having problems, then I will swap the old website back again

The old website will continue to be available for full members (only!) at https://old.bikermatch.co.uk

Update Reply
Matt @ 15/10/2017 14:23  

https://old.bikermatch.co.uk is now online.
Not currently locked down to full-members only, not until I'm comfortable with the stability of the new site running for everyone.

Please report any issues to me asap and avoid using the old website now

Update Reply
Matt @ 15/10/2017 15:09  

@Catkins - I had a look at those event photos and see just what you mean. The page of thumbnails we had previously was much better, and actually drew you to the ones you wanted to look at first.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/10/2017 16:57  

@catkins - Indeed you need to delete via the old site at the moment. I still need to make the admin buttons for event photos (this week I hope).
indeed you need to select who uploaded the pic, in the same way as on profile photos you need to select an album. The problem again is iPhones can't handle thousands of pics so will crash if all try to display (even just thumbnails)

Update Reply
Matt @ 15/10/2017 19:42  

Matt, I have gone on my profile to check everything is working and when I look at my photo albums, all but 1 pic is clearly visible when enlarged. It is very pixelated and blurry.

Update Reply
Double six @ 15/10/2017 21:21  

UPDATE: Found a couple of major issues. Please expect the odd error here and there while I try to resolve. Once I've fixed the major issues I'll move onto the list of questions and problems listed above from you all.

Update Reply
Matt @ 15/10/2017 21:26  

D6 - your images are fine, except the one of you in a hat. The problem is that you uploaded a tiny photo, so when the site tries to show it as a larger picture it goes all blurry.
The solution is to upload only decent size images (will be a requirement in future).

Here's your original photo so you can see how tiny it is:
https://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/profiles/uploads/64490_bm_1_bm_8767987679.jpg

Update Reply
Matt @ 15/10/2017 21:28  

There was, for a few hours, a little problem. I forgot to put a healthy redirect on the old forums page when accessing via www. address.

Anyhow, long story short.... if you clear your browser temporary files/history etc it should hopefully fix it for you.

if not please let me know.

Update Reply
Matt @ 15/10/2017 22:35  

blimey i go missing for a few months lol........ got to learn the site again but i am impressed.....

Update Reply
nellie @ 16/10/2017 00:43  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email